The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why jesus is not the messiah for the jews?
I don't know very much about why the jews don't think that jesus is the messiah,so i'd like to know: why the jews do not consider jesus as the messiah?
Good question -

The short answer is -

He never fulfilled what the Hebrew bible says will happen when he arrives -

Gathering of the Jews to Israel
World Peace
Rebuilding of the 3rd Temple

As a matter of fact, when Jesus is said to have arrived, the Jews were dispersed from Israel and there has been anything but world peace.

This article gives a more in depth view of why -

https://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
(11-02-2020, 03:44 AM)Ismq Wrote: I don't know very much about why the jews don't think that jesus is the messiah,so i'd like to know: why the jews do not consider jesus as the messiah?

You're in luck! I wrote a whole 18-page presentation on that very question several years ago. You can access it here: https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/articles/whynot.pdf
I still have a copy of that Jason.

It used to be accessible on this forum. I don't see a link for it any longer.
Ismq,

Hopefully we have provided enough information as to why we know Jesus is not the Jewish messiah.
(11-02-2020, 07:50 PM)Jason Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 03:44 AM)Ismq Wrote: I don't know very much about why the jews don't think that jesus is the messiah,so i'd like to know: why the jews do not consider jesus as the messiah?

You're in luck! I wrote a whole 18-page presentation on that very question several years ago. You can access it here: https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/articles/whynot.pdf

Shalom Jason, I just read your PDF.  You are a very proficient writer.  I do have a question.  Do you believe in "symbols?"  Does HaShem ever use one thing to represent another?  After reading your PDF, I was moved to find this site where the teaching from the Midrash/(Some Rabbis) is that "Water actually stands for Torah."  So "metaphorically" speaking, the Jewish mind can look at some physical things, and "see" something spiritual.  

Here are a few more examples:

In Jeremiah 7:28-29 truth (faithfulness) has been cut off from their mouths, and HaShem tells them to cut off their hair.

Ezekiel 4:1-8 HaShem describes how Ezekiel will build a representation of the City of Jerusalem and lay a siege against it to show what "spiritually" will happen to Jerusalem.  In verse three HaShem calls it a "sign" to the house of Israel.  Ezekiel is also commanded to lay on his left side a number of days (390) to correspond to the number of years of the house of Israel's iniquity.

In the next chapter of Ezekiel, he is commanded to cut his hair and divide it into three parts.  This becomes a symbol for those who have disobeyed and shows how three different punishments are executed upon the house of Israel.

So as you see Jason, there are many examples where HaShem uses symbols to represent something on a "spiritual" level.  Would you not agree?  And that is where I would ask you that IF water is a symbol or sign of Torah, and Torah is LIFE (Deut 30:15-20), what is LIVING WATER a symbol or sign of?  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
Oh, since Jesus used a Jewish symbol in his teachings, this makes it a Christian teaching? I don't get your point. Metaphor is used all over the place, in every religion and in every non-religion. Metaphor is a human means of communication.
(11-06-2020, 01:14 AM)Jason Wrote: Oh, since Jesus used a Jewish symbol in his teachings, this makes it a Christian teaching? I don't get your point. Metaphor is used all over the place, in every religion and in every non-religion. Metaphor is a human means of communication.

Shalom Jason, all I was asking you if you knew what the symbol of LIVING WATER means?  Obviously, I agree with the fact that WATER is a symbol of the Torah, as even Moses said that HIS Torah comes down like gentle rain on the tender grass.  The Torah is LIFE to those who keep it, and a great blessing, just like those who can drink water will be blessed to live.  So what is LIVING WATER?  What is the difference between WATER and LIVING WATER?  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
"Living water" normally means "water that is flowing, moving, not sitting still."
So if I understand this correctly, the term "living water" is nowhere to be found in the Hebrew bible, correct?