The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A beginning is an end is a beginning
Shalom,

I have just joined the forum and am happy to be here!
And - I am starting of with a question:

My husband is about to get his book published and he would like to use a Hebrew sentence on his filler pages. Well, I have studied Hebrew at the Jewish University but it's been ages and I would like to have the phrase confirmed before he goes online :-).

Would one of the Hebrew native speakers help me out?

The phrase is: A beginning is an end is a beginning - התחלה היא סוף היא התחלה
Is that correct? Or is there a better way of translating it?
I would very much appreciate your help!
תודה
שלום
שלום
אנני

Welcome to the forum!

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

Thank you for your question, one of our Hebrew language members should reply shortly!
(11-09-2020, 08:40 PM)kid-from-yesterday Wrote: Shalom,

My husband is about to get his book published and he would like to use a Hebrew sentence on his filler pages. Well, I have studied Hebrew at the Jewish University but it's been ages and I would like to have the phrase confirmed before he goes online :-).

תודה
שלום
שלום
אנני

Hiya, Annie.

Given that it isn't really a sentence in English, it's kinda odd to put it into Hebrew. Wink

I'd personally break it up and make it כל התחלה היא סוף וכל סוף הוא התחלה. That's the only way that it would really make sense (in my opinion). You certainly wouldn't say סוף היא התחלה since סוף is masculine.

Best of luck!
(11-10-2020, 06:55 PM)Jason Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 08:40 PM)kid-from-yesterday Wrote: Shalom,

תודה
שלום
שלום
אנני

Hiya, Annie.

Given that it isn't really a sentence in English, it's kinda odd to put it into Hebrew. Wink

I'd personally break it up and make it כל התחלה היא סוף וכל סוף הוא התחלה. That's the only way that it would really make sense (in my opinion). You certainly wouldn't say סוף היא התחלה since סוף is masculine.

Best of luck!

Hi Jason,
thank you very much! The book is written in German - and it's not a real sentence in German either, more like a thought... :-D but it makes sense, when you look at the set up of the entire page... it kind of "ends" in a never ending loop- gee, it's really difficult to explain :-D, sorry. But that definitely helps, thank you!