The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1492 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1492 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1585 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1585 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Thanksgiving kosher?
Happened upon this article....https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/do-jews-celebrate-thanksgiving

Is anyone doing anything or are you staying home?  I'll be going over to a friends, after a day at the range with her. What better way to celebrate?
I'll be having some family over as we usually have Thanksgiving every year.

And as the article may have it, there is no one answer when it comes to Judaism!
Thanksgiving will be spent at home this year with lots of food and lots of invites going out to family and friends, and that include lots of hugs.  Great to know there are many ways to celebrate.
An Italian friend of mine stayed with me during Shabbat. He is from a Chabad family, and he visited the Chabad for prayer on Friday night (didn't wake up to go on Saturday morning, though). He stayed from Thursday night until Sunday morning.

On Wednesday (yesterday) he was feeling bad. Went to get tested, and came back positive for COVID-19. He didn't even call me to tell me. I found out because he posted on his Facebook story. He thinks that qualifies as "notification."

Anyway, I'll be spending the next week at home in quarantine. Actually, until next Saturday - Misrad Habriut (the Health Ministry) called today and told me that I'm officially quarantined.

Yuck.
(11-26-2020, 06:54 PM)Jason Wrote: ...I found out because he posted on his Facebook story. He thinks that qualifies as "notification"...
That's sad. Facebook's next step is to divorce its slaves further from reality: