The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Feel About Black Jews?
Hi, my name is SirReginald and Im converting to Judaism.  I am Black.  However, I feel like I am reverting to an old religion because my ancestors from Africa were Hebraic.  I sincerely respect the Jewish religion and what advice would you give to a new potention convert?
Race has nothing to do with Judaism. Don't worry on that front.

Advice? Don't lose yourself as you seek to become who you will be. You bring the passion and life that you have led until now to your covenant with God. Always keep that in perspective. You are an individual and don't need to be anyone other than who you are.
Hello SirReginald and welcome to the forum!

There are Jews of all backgrounds and all colors from all over the world, so it's what's inside that makes you Jewish, your commitment to uphold the covenant as Jason wrote.

It's a lifelong journey with it's fair share of ups and downs.

If you believe this is what is right for you, stay the course and don't let anyone or anything convince you otherwise.

There will be many obstacles, but hey, we've survived this long so we know we can continue on our mission as the chosen people as directed by the Almighty.