The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmmm, What Do You Think?
If there is life out there beyond earth it would most likely be something like The Blob. Watch it if you have nothing else to do for good entertainment from the past.  Steve McQueen was a teen when the movie was made in 1958.   I could never understand how aliens from other planets could resemble humans.  The eyes, ears, nose, toes and limbs much less attempt communication the way humans do.
What about The Orville, folks? It's available on Hulu - two seasons. Waiting for the third to come out!
Recently I watched the Independence Day movie for the first time. Is there extraterrestrial life? Nobody knows.

If there were no Creator G‑d and life developed randomly. Why do the aliens in movies look like ugly humans and have some kind of electricity onboard the space shuttle? They should have a completely different appearance and use different means of transportation. The possibility that similar technologies and beings would evolve millions of light-years apart under vastly different conditions seems to me as highly unlikely. Then how could we communicate? How would they look like, what would they think or feel? Would they think, feel, see and hear?

With G-d as Creator. Perhaps He created a second planet with life on it in case things went too wrong on planet earth. Or he just wanted to play around and see how things would work without humans. Or a second planet with humans and see if they would behave differently. Personally, I don't think G‑d has a plan B or a planet B because He loves the creatures he created on earth in his own image.

If aliens exist, they may be much bigger or smaller than us because a bigger or smaller planet would allow bigger or smaller creatures to walk around according to the gravity. So a fight between the two cultures would be unfair and I think one side or the other would win quickly. But how would they find us among the millions of uninhabited planets? Why would they want to travel through space? If there is life alongside life on earth, we may never meet. So I would say that the money being spent on this matter could be better spent.
Interesting thought experiment. I don’t believe there is life outside earth, and if there is life which ever form it would take,  it seems unlikely there would be an interest in planet earth or its inhabitants. I think the late Carl Sagan gave an eloquent description of planet earth in his book Pale Blue Dot, an excerpt.

“…Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.”

Movies entertain and play with our imagination,  but rarely do they educate us about reality.  I cannot think of any outside a good documentary. 

We evolved from one celled organisms as far back as 4 billion years ago.

What has been helpful for me in gaining a proper perspective of the human being was to read Yuval Noah Harari’s  book - Sapiens - A Brief History of Humankind, where he writes of the evolution of humans occurring around 2.5 million years ago.

With the notion of evolution it seems to me only logical that what should follow is that we humans are not special but rather unique with our reasoning abilities and development of consciousness without the need for a god to have created us along with the universe.
Dana, perhaps that's why we, that is our governments, have such expensive programs to find and defeat aliens. ... “Everyone wants what WE have. The aliens travel light years just to visit US.” Yes, maybe we overestimate ourselves a little. “Selfishness - self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles.” (AA)

A documentary would be interesting. I would like to see the evidence mentioned in the video.