The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Psalm 110: 4
What is the Jewish interpretation of Psalm 110: 4 "The Lord swore and will not repent; you are a priest forever because of the speech of Malchizedek."?
Hello Mauriac and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

It would be nice if you could make an introduction so we know who you are.

To answer you question on the Jewish interpretation, I recommend you reading this article -

http://thejewishhome.org/counter/Psa110.pdf

Page 12 specifically relates to verse 4.
Well, I will introduce myself:
My name is Mauriac Rodríguez. I'm 21 years old. I am a gentile Chilean but I really like Judaism and I am reading Tanakh to learn more about how to live the spirituality of the Jewish people. For a long time I was a Christian (Seventh-day Adventist) and later I was an atheist agnostic (although now I am not an agnostic I must admit that I am not yet a man of faith, although I would like to be one day), now I consider myself a “Beginner noahide”. Besides spirituality, I like history, psychology, cinema and superheroes. Shalom for everyone.
Thank you for your introduction Mauriac!

Welcome and please let us know if you have any further questions, need information or want to share anything.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!
Since Melchizedek was a king who served as priest, so David was regarded a king who filled a priestly function. He wasn't part of the established priestly order (after Aaron), but he had a priestly function to perform before God. Therefore, he was a priest in the same sense as King Melchizedek, not like Aaron and his children (the cohanim).
Did you watch Wonder Woman 1984 this week? It just came out on HBO Max. I was actually disappointed from it. Didn't like the plot with the wishes and everything. Gal Gadot is fantastic throughout, a great representative of the Israeli people.

עם ישראל חי!
(12-30-2020, 03:43 PM)Jason Wrote: Did you watch Wonder Woman 1984 this week? It just came out on HBO Max. I was actually disappointed from it. Didn't like the plot with the wishes and everything. Gal Gadot is fantastic throughout, a great representative of the Israeli people.

עם ישראל חי!

I was at a relatives house and they started watching it. There were children present so I didn't get to hear everything.

It got late so we left after about an hour or so. The plot didn't seem to be "moving" to fast up until that point.

Guess I'll wait until it comes out on regular cable and watch the it in its entirety then.

Yes, Gal Gadot has certainly been holding her own, both with stardom and against antisemitism.
(12-30-2020, 02:45 PM)Mauriac Wrote: Well, I will introduce myself:
My name is Mauriac Rodríguez. I'm 21 years old. I am a gentile Chilean but I really like Judaism and I am reading Tanakh to learn more about how to live the spirituality of the Jewish people. For a long time I was a Christian (Seventh-day Adventist) and later I was an atheist agnostic (although now I am not an agnostic I must admit that I am not yet a man of faith, although I would like to be one day), now I consider myself a “Beginner noahide”. Besides spirituality, I like history, psychology, cinema and superheroes. Shalom for everyone.
Mauriac -

Studying, not just reading, Tanakh is important, but in and of itself it is not enough.
בקש שלום ורדפהו