The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Sea
Why did G-d drown the Egyptians if they were fleeing and were no longer going to harm the Israelites? (Exodus 14: 25-27).
Why do you believe the Egyptians were no longer going to harm the Israelite's?

This may be another case of measure for measure as I noted in another post.

Pharaoh decreed the drowning of the first born of the Israelite's so maybe it came back to haunt him where his army was drowned as well.
Pharaoh decreed to kill all males, not just firstborn.
(01-05-2021, 01:57 PM)Mauriac Wrote: Why did G-d drown the Egyptians if they were fleeing and were no longer going to harm the Israelites? (Exodus 14: 25-27).

Hi Mauriac, my understanding is, that pharaos mind changed quickly. After the loss of his children he said: "get out of my land as quickly as you can!" And when they went, he sent all his horses and soldiers after the people of Israel to chase them.
(01-05-2021, 05:20 PM)Jason Wrote: Pharaoh decreed to kill all males, not just firstborn.

Jason,

I'm not sure where that is written.

I see in Exodus 1 -

16 - And he said, "When you deliver the Hebrew women, and you see on the birthstool, if it is a son, you shall put him to death, but if it is a daughter, she may live."

and

22 - And Pharaoh commanded all his people, saying, "Every son who is born you shall cast into the Nile, and every daughter you shall allow to live."

Where does it say all males?

Unless of course the Hebrew says something different than the English translation.
"Every son that is born... every daughter..."

Uh, SMR... what are you not seeing there?
(01-06-2021, 02:18 PM)Jason Wrote: "Every son that is born... every daughter..."

Misunderstanding of words.

I thought you meant ALL MALES including adults.

It i obvious now you are speaking of all males that were being born.

Okay, that's cleared up!
(01-06-2021, 03:28 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:18 PM)Jason Wrote: "Every son that is born... every daughter..."

Misunderstanding of words.

I thought you meant ALL MALES including adults.

It i obvious now you are speaking of all males that were being born.

Okay, that's cleared up!

Precisely... because it wasn't just firstborn males.