The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exodus Insight by Rabbi Sacks (of blessed memory)
(01-11-2021, 09:00 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: We should be sending the same message  Cool Actually we do when it comes to Christ. You know the message, don't you? We are all sinners and lost the glory of God, he gave his blood for our justification. Paul often sais "in Christ Jesus we have...." So Christ is simply a shortcut to say: our saviour, Son of God and so on.

This thread is started by you and it shall show the contrast between us. Many many other threads contain more or less hard discussions. That's how I came to the conclusion that this topic is kind of oversized in a Jewish Forum. 

I appreciate your replies but have to disagree when it comes to Jesus.

Yes, all of us here know "the message" and none of the Jewish people or former Christians here agree with it.

It's just  simple fact. So you don't have to keep telling us what Christians believe because many of us here are very well versed in Christian theology. Actually, we would kindly ask you to refrain from any type of preaching as it is not allowed on this forum.

Other threads you are referring to are responses to those that try to tell us what our Hebrew bible says.

It has nothing to do with Jesus, blood for justification, losing G-d's glory or a saviour that is G-d in the flesh.

You are free to believe as you will, but I have to believe the Hebrew bible is best understood by the people it was given to in the language it was given.
I am sorry you perceived my post as an insult, it was not ment this way. I am not interested in preaching or converting anybody. 

My point was to highlight that here are things that (believing) Christians agree on in contrast to the things they don't agree on. If I preached, it would sound differently. Instead I only touched the matters I thought of. 

I am aware where I am and wish there were more Jews talking about Jewish topics, that's what I wanted to say.
(01-12-2021, 07:13 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: I am sorry you perceived my post as an insult, it was not ment this way. I am not interested in preaching or converting anybody. 

My point was to highlight that here are things that (believing) Christians agree on in contrast to the things they don't agree on. If I preached, it would sound differently. Instead I only touched the matters I thought of. 

I am aware where I am and wish there were more Jews talking about Jewish topics, that's what I wanted to say.

I'm not understanding your posts.

I didn't see it as an insult, I, and others here, just don't agree with what you wrote here -

"We should be sending the same message  [Image: cool.png] Actually we do when it comes to Christ. You know the message, don't you? We are all sinners and lost the glory of God, he gave his blood for our justification."

We do not send that message at all, it's is totally against what the Hebrew bible teaches us.

Yes, I know there are many things Christians agree upon, that's not what my point was. My point was in reference to what you believe is a holy spirit that guides you.

I'm not sure why you keep moving the goalposts when a subject is being discussed.

You are very welcome here to ask questions, comment and express yourself without preaching!

Jews do talk mostly about Jewish topics and hardly ever about other religions. My opening post is something being taught about the Hebrew bible. All I did was contrast it to what Christianity teaches and how it is quite the opposite.