The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should I go?
(06-28-2023, 02:46 PM)Chavak Wrote: The lady I traveled to Spain and Portugal with is also Jewish. We both felt the same...the tours go through the old Jewish quarters in several cities. But there is nothing Jewish left...just where Jews used to be. It's sad

Well, the Inquisition in the 1600 took care of anything Jewish in Spain.  Many Sephardic Jews went back into the Middle East regions, and some settled in the Netherlands and in the UK.
Part of my mom's family was from the Netherlands, and that is how I got a healthy dash of Sephardic DNA alongside my mostly Ashkenazi DNA.
Dr. Linde XXX
(06-28-2023, 02:56 PM)Linde Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 02:46 PM)Chavak Wrote: The lady I traveled to Spain and Portugal with is also Jewish. We both felt the same...the tours go through the old Jewish quarters in several cities. But there is nothing Jewish left...just where Jews used to be. It's sad

Well, the Inquisition in the 1600 took care of anything Jewish in Spain.  Many Sephardic Jews went back into the Middle East regions, and some settled in the Netherlands and in the UK.
Part of my mom's family was from the Netherlands, and that is how I got a healthy dash of Sephardic DNA alongside my mostly Ashkenazi DNA.

Yes, and I think many many to South America as well.

Well. I guess the Hebrew bible was correct when it said we will be dispersed among the nations!