The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid vaccine and the Jewish CEO of Pfizer
(08-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: For me, it's hard to learn new words and grammar. I'm more of the math type. English however is an exception. I must have been about 5 years old when I first heard it and I was passionate from the very beginning. Learning English at school was ok, but I haven't really learned to speak, read and understand. That came with my visits to Scotland, Ireland and England. I'm still struggling with your prepositions and when to use which time.

I think school is in part a waist of time. I had Latin, French, Spanish and English at school - so many hours that I could have spent better. For example, how to deal with life's challenges and learn Hebrew.

For me, the amazing thing with a foreign language is, that I can speak with other people who don't speak my language and really understand what they say.

The only language I've ever taken seriously enough to stay with was Hebrew. I toyed with Italian, Spanish, and American Sign Language but had not stayed with it for a significant amount of time.  Hebrew was different in that it was tied into my belief system which was at the time in a church so there was a passion.  I loved it and felt connected from the start. Since the corona virus I've stopped learning.

Bluebird, my way of learning the Hebrew language was through reading stories beginning of course with simple and progressing on.   If you are interested I can make a recommendation with a fairly inexpensive primer.

Visits in Scotland and Ireland is pretty amazing and to learn the English there is a nice testimony for learning the language. One day I dream of going to Ireland. I receive podcasts on Gaelic speaking for beginners but they don't have books for learning like Hebrew.  And that language seems hard!

My interest in language is not so much to be perfect with grammar but to understand what the other is saying as well.
(08-04-2021, 08:41 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Go ahead! You'll find a lot  in Switzerland, another reason for you to move there.

Idea Plenty of it makes its way over here already, without needing to move there to get it (stoned emoji)
(08-04-2021, 11:15 PM)Dana Wrote: The only language I've ever taken seriously enough to stay with was Hebrew. I toyed with Italian, Spanish, and American Sign Language but had not stayed with it for a significant amount of time.  Hebrew was different in that it was tied into my belief system which was at the time in a church so there was a passion.  I loved it and felt connected from the start. Since the corona virus I've stopped learning.

Bluebird, my way of learning the Hebrew language was through reading stories beginning of course with simple and progressing on.   If you are interested I can make a recommendation with a fairly inexpensive primer.

Visits in Scotland and Ireland is pretty amazing and to learn the English there is a nice testimony for learning the language. One day I dream of going to Ireland. I receive podcasts on Gaelic speaking for beginners but they don't have books for learning like Hebrew.  And that language seems hard!

My interest in language is not so much to be perfect with grammar but to understand what the other is saying as well.

Wow you listen to Gaelic podcasts! I don't understand a word of it. I'm sure that you would manage that language because you learned Hebrew more or less by yourself (as I understand it). But don't worry, in Ireland all signs are bilingual and they all speak English. It's my absolute favorite country, especially the counties Donegal and Kerry in the north and west. I found the best time to travel there is around April when the chances of getting a lot of sun are high.

Hebrew... I'm in a jungle of words and grammar and have paused my learning because of frustration. Nevertheless I read psalms in Hebrew and the priestly blessing. Yes please send me the title of your story books, perhaps it will help me to continue. Thank you!
searchingmyroots Wrote:...they certainly can subsidize the farmers a lot more...

Bill Gates is buying up all available farmland. Trust him. He'll take care of us all:
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/bill-gates...ca-report/
He won't be able to hire armed guards, in order to prevent unauthorized harvesting. I've been known for arriving home with a couple bags full of corn ears and a few sugar beets later on near Winter. It's all subsidized. So what I'm doing is basically harvesting what I payed those farmers to plant  Angel I suppose, others could do likewise, with justification, because Microsoft has been sticking it to us for years with new planned to be obsolete operating systems of which Windows 98 was the best among all of them Angry
(08-05-2021, 01:23 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote: Bill Gates is buying up all available farmland. Trust him. He'll take care of us all:

***irony on***

I also trust the Central Bancs to fix our dept problem and to fuel the economy. I trust the UN for world peace and the suborganisation WHO for our health!

***irony off***
If you take the time to view your reputation list, you'll find my e-mail adress there. I posted it there, because my private messaging function isn't working. Not that you didn't deserve the reputation point given  Dodgy
(08-05-2021, 02:50 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote: If you take the time to view your reputation list, you'll find my e-mail adress there. I posted it there, because my private messaging function isn't working. Not that you didn't deserve the reputation point given  Dodgy

Hi, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I don't want to send you an e-mail. Rather, I would say, ask one of our friendly admins to help you! Smile
I may appear to be a nice guy on the web. But, you never know. Some of us fake "nice guys" turn out to be serial murderers, sometimes  Shy
(08-05-2021, 01:23 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote:
searchingmyroots Wrote:...they certainly can subsidize the farmers a lot more...

Bill Gates is buying up all available farmland. Trust him. He'll take care of us all:
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/bill-gates...ca-report/
He won't be able to hire armed guards, in order to prevent unauthorized harvesting. I've been known for arriving home with a couple bags full of corn ears and a few sugar beets later on near Winter. It's all subsidized. So what I'm doing is basically harvesting what I payed those farmers to plant  Angel I suppose, others could do likewise, with justification, because Microsoft has been sticking it to us for years with new planned to be obsolete operating systems of which Windows 98 was the best among all of them Angry

Yes, we have something here called CSA, which basically is "community supported agriculture".

We pay up front before the season and get deliveries (or pickup) whatever they have harvested.

Good way to get fresh, clean, delicious produce and also keep the local farmers in business!
True. Reverting to trade and barter is a great way of circumventing the slavery of fiat currency and escaping wasteful taxation. Dividing the economy into local entities is a form of seccession.