The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Incidents to Famous Kings
I noticed a similar pattern with a distant relative of King David and with King Solomon's mother.
Similar to what?
Ah, I was waiting for the question!

So we see there was a pretty bad scenario with Judah and Tamar. But out of that union eventually came King David.

We also see a pretty bad scenario with King David and Bathsheba. But out of that union King Solomon was born.

I think the common denominator here is that even though both Judah and King David didn't originally act properly, they both repented, asked for forgiveness and were sorry for their acts.

They knew what they did was wrong and made sure to try and correct it.
The story of Hezekiah is truly amazing considering the fact that his father did all sorts of things and he chose to do better. I love this guy.
Yes, we all have the power to make either good decisions or bad ones.

And of course when we make bad ones, what we do after that is of most importance!
(01-28-2021, 10:50 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Yes, we all have the power to make either good decisions or bad ones.

And of course when we make bad ones, what we do after that is of most importance!

Sometimes it's hard. It took me a long time to figure out what is right or wrong because of the violence and insane ideology I grew up with. Addiction really can be a blessing and force someone to question attitudes. I guess it wasn't that easy for Hezekiah either. In any case, his story is encouraging.
To my mind is the story of the census counting with King David. An incident considered to be a grave sin.  He had to make the ultimate choice regarding consequences by either submitting to G-d or to man.  King David believed that falling into the hand of the Lord was better than falling into the hand of man. 2 Samuel 24:14. He repented more than once for his actions throughout his life and the Lord listened to him. 

One lesson to be derived from this story, I believe is that trust in G-d brings out the best in the behavior of humans.
Great post Dana!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Sometimes the choices we make aren't easy, but hopefully they are the right ones.

If not, then we should learn for the next time.