The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purim Then and Now
(03-14-2022, 09:43 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: It is amazing that even several letter sizes have been handed down in one word and of course the hint in the text.

I don't understand what it is about, what is it about?

I'm not sure I understand your question Bluebird.

Are you asking what are the smaller and larger letters written in the scrolls about?

Well, that's the mystery! That's why the Sages of long ago studied every letter!

It just might be coincidence, but there sure are a lot of them in this situation!

You see, these are things you'll never find about about if you read interpretations as they are just translated words to some extent.

The Hebrew language is what brings it to life! When letters have numerical values as well it adds a whole new dimension.

I'm not saying things are definite either way, but it sure does give you food for thought.
(03-15-2022, 02:06 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 09:43 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: It is amazing that even several letter sizes have been handed down in one word and of course the hint in the text.

I don't understand what it is about, what is it about?

I'm not sure I understand your question Bluebird.

Are you asking what are the smaller and larger letters written in the scrolls about?

Well, that's the mystery! That's why the Sages of long ago studied every letter!

It just might be coincidence, but there sure are a lot of them in this situation!

You see, these are things you'll never find about about if you read interpretations as they are just translated words to some extent.

The Hebrew language is what brings it to life! When letters have numerical values as well it adds a whole new dimension.

I'm not saying things are definite either way, but it sure does give you food for thought.

There is a lot to discover in the Hebrew language. Thank you for these thoughts.

I was referring to your last sentence: Yes, all the suffering was an atrocity but that isn't what this is about really.
Happy Purim! חג פורים שמח!

I've already started dressing up. Decided to black out this year. I've put on black fingernail polish, black lipstick, and I've put black shadow around my eyes. I'll be wearing a black t-shirt and a black cloak with a grey owl mask. Smile

How about you?
Happy Purim Jason!

All black, sounds a bit Gothic to me!

Hope no one thinks you are out to rob them!
In regard to the names of haman ten sons
Haman’s Sons Correlating to the Nuremberg Nazis Y”S - The Yeshiva World
(03-15-2022, 10:44 AM)Jason Wrote: Happy Purim! חג פורים שמח!

I've already started dressing up. Decided to black out this year. I've put on black fingernail polish, black lipstick, and I've put black shadow around my eyes. I'll be wearing a black t-shirt and a black cloak with a grey owl mask. Smile

How about you?
you absolutely have to post of photo of you in your costume. I can't wait to see that!
(03-15-2022, 12:53 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Happy Purim Jason!

All black, sounds a bit Gothic to me!

Hope no one thinks you are out to rob them!

after the covid pandemic I think people are very used to seeing others in masks!  Even if it is an owl.
(03-15-2022, 05:23 PM)Chavak Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:44 AM)Jason Wrote: Happy Purim! חג פורים שמח!

How about you?
you absolutely have to post of photo of you in your costume. I can't wait to see that!

I'm heading into another busy busy day, but I'll try to do this later on!