The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Iraqi Jewish Archive....and its destiny
Thumbs Up 
I admit frankly I do not register with new forums..however in this case  I have made an exception.....

In 2003 the US rescuded Iraqi Jewish Archives after they had been stolen....by Saddam Hussein....they were in bad condition....and were restored.....now the US Goverment is considering to give heritage ...not to the community it was stolen from but the Iraqi Goverment..... Huh Angry Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

For those who read this story and feel they must do something   there is an online pettiton....

The Archives at Iraqi Jewish Archive | (ijarchive.org)
Preserving the Iraqi Jewish Archive | National Archives

The story In regard to the Iraqi Jewish Archive...please see article link to protest....against giving it away....https://www.aish.com/jw/s/Struggle-for-the-Scrolls.html

The petition is at Don't let the Jewish archive go back to Iraq! (avaaz.org)
Heart Heart
Hello Noone and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.
Thank You Cool
Up update I received this from Rabbi P. Waldham from Aish.com ASk the Rabbi which I would like to share:
Shalom TF;

Thank you for your interesting question.

It is important that we save the tradition and keep to it. This is firmly based in the fact that Sephardim and Ashkenazim stick to their stringencies, prayers and even some of their leniencies, despite moving to a ‘melting pot’ area, such as New York – (source: “Igrot Moshe” by R’ M. Feinstein, O.C. I 159; “Yabia Omer” by R’ O. Yosef, V O.C. 37).
From Eretz Hemdah 4/4/2021

We are not familiar with the particular case you referenced but generally it would certainly seem that preserving a community's heritage is a worthy enterprise, especially when it involves sacred writings.
Received a similar answear to query at
https://dinonline.org/2021/04/05/jewish-...-heritage/

While I am not familiar with the particular instance that you are referring to. In general, we should help Jews not only survive, but to help them preserve their heritage too.

Best wishes
How do you propose that Jews remain living in Arab-majority countries?
If the goverment they live under..fallows the Yemen pattern...thenget out and go up to Israel....
If the goverment does not fallow the Yemen pattern...let the Jews of that community deceide if they stay or go...
One Iraqi  Jewish Scroll rescued from Arab hands
WATCH: Israel Police Uncover Ancient Sefer Torah In Arab Village - The Yeshiva World

Note in regard to Iraq JewishA rchive as of 16 December 2021 Sorry to Say to date Bidden has made no decision on what to do with this archive give it back to those who were stolen from (Iraq Jewish Community) or those who stole it in the first place....

Note
Russia has deceied to return an Archive to Jewish Community of Greece
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/319860

Is it too hard for USA to return an Archive to Jewish Community of Iraq?
Thumbs Down 
MArch 2022
Only three members of Jews of Egypt still alive; part of the community archives have been "confiscated" by the Egyptians Govt
Cairo Jews protest at Egypt's seizure of second Geniza • Point of No Return (jewishrefugees.org.uk)

Some things never change.... Sad