The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General: Book recommendations / discussions
(04-03-2020, 02:00 PM)Jason Wrote: Hi, Lisa.

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding SMR's comment about the Christian nature of that site... we believe that the two religions (Christianity and Judaism) are distinct and should be maintained separately. It is a bad thing in our view that Christians spend lots of money, time and energy on the conversion of Jewish people to their religion. That's why we feel the need to point these things out — so that other people on the forum do not think that these are Jewish sources and go wandering after Christianity and Jesus (which are definitionally not Jewish).

You're free to believe and think whatever you have become convinced of in your life, but we just want to make sure that our users know that this is a Christian resource that you've shared (not a Jewish one).

In today's world of salad bar theology, it seems weird that we make a distinction. But this is how the Jewish identity is maintained. We remain Jews because we refuse to become Christians. I hope this makes sense to you.

Regards,
Jason

Hi, Json, yes it makes complete sense to me and i am sorry to have started this conversation here. Now i understand the concern completely. I shall assure that I'd be careful regarding the same in the future Thank you for your patience and the trouble to explain it.
"The Joy of Intimacy" by Manis Friedman
Thanks for the recommendation Blue Bird!
Gern! In the book I found a link to the free audiobook of "The Joy of Intimacy".

https://itsgoodtoknow.org/free-audiobook
Thanks for the link Blue Bird!