The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with a wicked son....
Recently I wrote to ASK a Rabbi the following question and I wish to share the reply 19 April 2021

Question:How does a devout Jewish Couple deal with a eternal rebellious child as an example the child in question from birth has been eternally rebellious aginst everything Jewish...even to the extent of marrying a non Jewish spouse and moving to a country where Jews are not generally welcome..the parents see from News reports of Jewish mistreatment; the non jewish spouse is sensible and flees with the children to the jewish grandparents-however the rebellious child refuses to go confident that as he/she has chossen cultural assimilation he/she will not be harmed. Now this refers to a fictional senerico but the question is What could the parents have done to their child to make he/she understand that only by taking the Iron Yoke of the Torah and not rebelling against the Word of the L-d?

Thank you for contacting us.  Please have a look at this article https://www.aish.com/h/pes/h/When-Your-Child-is-the-Wicked-Son.html
With blessings from Jerusalem,
Rabbi Yoni Miller
Aish.com
Note sent the same query to Chabad.com
05/31/2022
ID 5641485

I received a reply 06/09/2022
Thank you for your letter; please forgive the long delay in responding to you.

There's no magic answer as to how to ensure that chlldren will grow into adults that the parents envisioned. We are not meant to create a human being who is identical to ourselves. Upon becoming a parent, one assumes the obligation to protect and nurture and nourish the child. We're responsible to raise an infant to independent adulthood. Every parent's imperative is to find the most healthful diet to nurture their child. The most healthful diet in food, in values and moral behaviours. And then, at some point, a parent has to recognize that she/he has done all they can to raise this adult who is a completely autnomous being, and now free to make her/his own decisions. Most of all, a child has to be raised with the secure knowledge t hat the parent's love and caring is unconditional. A child has to know that she/he does not need to 'earn' the parents' love by meeting the parents' approval. That's what unconditonal love means; love that's about the child,not about the parent.

Needless to say, there's much much more to be said on the subject...but tell me what you're thinking and then we can discuss this further.

Bronya Shaffer
for Chabad.org

Browse the Archive of Questions & Answers:
http://www.chabad.org/k13032

-------------------------------------
Please help Chabad.org continue to serve you, and millions of others.
Please make a contribution here: www.chabad.org/donate?sc=feedback-5641485
Dos and Dont of parenting
When Spouse and Child are Against You - aish.com
I apologize I am having a hard time in understanding what is he doing that is wicked? Why should it matter who he marries? As long as he is happy and she is happy? If you remember that people are people that do people things. Regardless of their beliefs we are all just people. If your son is happy why can’t you just be happy for him? I do agree his arrogance may get him hurt which would be terrible. That would be a decision though he as an adult, and an individual must make. We all can only do what we can do. We can only love who we love. We can only be who we are. As long as he isn’t doing anything that hurts or effects anyone else , and he is happy though then I do not see any wickedness.
I am not Jewish or a Gentile but would love to discuss my beliefs if I thought anyone would understand. They are different than most but rooted in Old Testament like everyone else’s.