The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future dream(s)
(04-25-2021, 08:14 PM)robrecht Wrote: Universities teach academic disciplines, not catechism, homiletics, apologetics, or religious bible studies. Ancient literary criticism is how an ancient literary work might be analyzed by its contemporaries, eg, how Aristotle in his Poetics might analyze Athenian tragedies by Sophocles or Euripides.

Now I have an idea what ancient literary work is, thanks! When you publish your articles please leave a note here. 

The teaching here in Germany has changed within the last decades. My favorite theologian is professor Helmut Thielicke (he died in 1986), and I read many of his books. He did good critical academic studies. These days you get a headache because of the stupidity and destructiveness of their criticism.
Snow birding. I've been looking for a second house in an area where it's not cold and rainy all winter and fall. Thought I found one but it fell through. Biggest challenges are where and that the housing market is absolutely crazy now. Everything has gone up in price a lot. I'll probably sit out purchasing for now until things go back to normal.