The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near to death moments
Have you been in a moment in your life near to death? I was robbed many years ago(with guns).
Nobody in this forum has been near to death?
I guess I could think of several instances where I could have died, but at the time I'm not sure I was thinking that way.

The good news is we are all still here alive!
I've come very close to death a couple of times. Once while jogging in a foreign city I came within inches of being hit by the Stadtbahn (trolley?) I had stopped short of the automobile traffic before crossing a street and did not realize that this street had a light rail line running along the sidewalk. Later in life I had massive multiple pulmonary emboli. They had been developing for several weeks and been missed during an emergency room visit. Thus I was embarrassed and reluctant to go back for a second visit to the ER until it was very nearly too late. Could not even walk slowly without going into shock. Even after diagnosis, the treatment itself was very risky and I could not breathe for several moments. My wife was freaking out, but the emotions didn't hit me until the next day.