The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does one convert to Judaism?
Should I even do it? I'm Muslim or was Muslim but I've long had an urge to convert to Judaism but I had mental health issues and on one forum I kept switching back and forth between wanting to convert to Judaism to ranting about Israel (yes, anti semitic, i know, i regret it), i also suffer from autism and other issues, like potential borderline. but i got bullied by one member to the point i left altogether. but ive still had positive feelings for judaism, and I was too scared to convert since everyone I know is a member of an islamic sect. (not a cult, but many in our home country perceive it that way, lol). i also fear getting isolated again, although ive left islam before, and i know my mother is amazing and would never throw me out of the house. but i know judaism considers islam a noahide religion,and i dont have a license and while my mother may accept my conversion, (although granted it takes at last a year, but i meant the decision) she has refused to drive me to a synagogue and has said to go myself. (no license). i have a job now so maybe i can go with uber myself.
i was a teen when i was on that forum
(07-08-2021, 03:38 PM)Shalom2 Wrote: ...ranting about Israel (yes, anti semitic, i know...
Both are entirely separate issues. Many Jewish citizens of Israel do not entirely agree with the policies of their government.
from Aish.Torah
A Convert's Soul: Ask the Rabbi Response (aish.com)
Search Results (aish.com)

from Chabad
Search Results - Chabad.org Search
(07-09-2021, 12:50 AM)Nooone Wrote: from Aish.Torah

from Chabad

I’m going to ask you the same question I have asked you before in the hope that you will finally give me a straight answer.

Do you believe that Orthodox Judaism is the only authentic and legitimate form of Judaism? Do you believe that only Orthodox Jews live authentic Jewish lives? If your answer is “Yes” that is one thing. If your answer “No” or if your “Yes” is based on a lack of any real knowledge about forms of Judaism other than Orthodoxy, then you need to stop ramming Orthodox websites down our throats.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Shalom2 -

Welcome to the forum.

How many Jewish congregations are located nearby to you?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Hi Shalom2, have you had a chance to visit a synagogue? Check out several from various forms of Judaism to see which is a good fit for you? Spoken to a rabbi? Done any officially studying? It's kind of hard to answer your question without having more details. Only you can in the end decide if conversion is going to be worth the isolation and possible pain you will be causing your family. You can attend synagogue and be involved with the community without actually going through a conversion.
(07-09-2021, 11:19 AM)RabbiO Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 12:50 AM)Nooone Wrote: from Aish.Torah

from Chabad

I’m going to ask you the same question I have asked you before in the hope that you will finally give me a straight answer.

Do you believe that Orthodox Judaism is the only authentic and legitimate form of Judaism? Do you believe that only Orthodox Jews live authentic Jewish lives? If your answer is “Yes” that is one thing. If your answer “No” or if your “Yes” is based on a lack of any real knowledge about forms of Judaism other than Orthodoxy, then you need to stop ramming Orthodox websites down our throats.

(07-09-2021, 11:47 AM)RabbiO Wrote: Shalom2 -

Welcome to the forum.

How many Jewish congregations are located nearby to you?

I googled it, there's quite a few actually.
(07-11-2021, 10:28 PM)Chavak Wrote: Hi Shalom2, have you had a chance to visit a synagogue? Check out several from various forms of Judaism to see which is a good fit for you? Spoken to a rabbi? Done any officially studying?  It's kind of hard to answer your question without having more details.  Only you can in the end decide if conversion is going to be worth the isolation and possible pain you will be causing your family. You can attend synagogue and be involved with the community without actually going through a conversion.

Thank you, chavak. Ill do some soul searching first.