The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aliens in Judaism
Hi,

According to the Judaism religion, how do "aliens" (intelligent non-human species) fit in with religion?

Are they are considered demons/fallen angels like in Christianity?

And is the "War in Heaven" story true according to Judaism? Like in Christianity there was a "War in Heaven" between Archangel Michael and Lucifer and Lucifer and 1/3 of the rebellious angels were thrown out of Heaven

Is this true according to Judaism?
(08-13-2021, 12:25 PM)Mike_Tang_1991 Wrote: Hi,

According to the Judaism religion, how do "aliens" (intelligent non-human species) fit in with religion?

Are they are considered demons/fallen angels like in Christianity?

And is the "War in Heaven" story true according to Judaism? Like in Christianity there was a "War in Heaven" between Archangel Michael and Lucifer and Lucifer and 1/3 of the rebellious angels were thrown out of Heaven

Is this true according to Judaism?

As far as I know, there are no "aliens" in Judaism.

There certainly are angels, but I don't think that classifies as aliens.

The rest is, as you mentioned, Christian theology and has no relevance in Judaism.

"Heaven" is not the same thought in Judaism as it is in Christianity.
If "Aliens" were ever mentioned in Christian theology (one can't be certain, since these ancient writings didn't originally adress a modern audience and are more than often subject to interpretation), a prophecy of this kind would either have to do with an extraterrestrial visit or the spiritual corruption of a transhumanist entity or perhaps both.
In any event, history has shown which fate awaits a less developed society when confronted by a visiting higher developed one. Any society advanced enough to be able to travel such distances at such speeds has the potential to be an existential threat to not only those practicing Judaism.
If you mean is their life on other planets, I don't think Judaism takes a stand. Although I did hear one Chabad rabbi say there could not be life on other planets as that meant there would have been multiple giving of the torah and that could not happen. Not sure how he came up with that one. Did not make sense to me. But if you mean here on this planet, no. There are no aliens. War in heaven and fallen angels is Christian theology. We do not have it in Judaism.