The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus as Messiah
Hi,

If Jesus had used His supernatural powers to convince the Romans at the time that He was the Messiah/Son of God... and in turn they did NOT crucify Him, but rather made Him their King... what other prophecies left would Jesus had to have completed to be considered the prophecized Messiah?

But I ALSO understand that Jesus also "showed up" at the incorrect/invalid time.... Since the Messiah was supposed to show up while the Jews were NOT in their homeland... and while the Temple was destroyed...

So does this mean that EVEN if Jesus used His "supernatural powers" to convince the romans/governments that He -WAS- the Son of God/Messiah... that He -STILL- wouldn't have finished completing all the requirements/prophecies??

His timing to show up was wrong/invalid?
Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

To answer your question -

As far as I can see from the Christian bible, it most certainly was the Romans who crucified Jesus.

According to the Hebrew bible, all that is written that looks to refer to a future King, which we call the Messiah, shows the in-gathering of the Jewish people, a world of peace and full knowledge of the one true G-d of Israel and the building of the 3rd Temple.

If I am correct, according to the Christian bible, during Jesus's time, the Jews were actually dispersed from their land, other religions came to be and there has been anything but world peace since then.

Hope that helps to answer your question Mike.
(08-11-2021, 02:31 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

As far as I can see from the Christian bible, it most certainly was the Romans who crucified Jesus.

According to the Hebrew bible, all that is written that looks to refer to a future King, which we call the Messiah, shows the in-gathering of the Jewish people, a world of peace and full knowledge of the one true G-d of Israel and the building of the 3rd Temple.

If I am correct, according to the Christian bible, during Jesus's time, the Jews were actually dispersed from their land, other religions came to be and there has been anything but world peace since then.

It woud be nice to have world peace immediately. But maybe other things have to happen first. Like Abraham who got the promise to inherit the land but his descendants served in Egypt first. So this isn't really an argument against Jesus, I think. According to the Christian bible there will be world peace but before that a great tribulation (as I see it, this too is yet to come).
(08-11-2021, 07:27 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 02:31 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

It woud be nice to have world peace immediately. But maybe other things have to happen first. Like Abraham who got the promise to inherit the land but his descendants served in Egypt first. So this isn't really an argument against Jesus, I think. According to the Christian bible there will be world peace but before that a great tribulation (as I see it, this too is yet to come).

Blue Bird,

I wasn't using it as an argument, I was just listing what the Hebrew says in reference to what is believed to be the awaited Messiah.

It clearly says in several places what will happen at the time the messiah is here and world peace is one of them.

And all of the other things as well, not just one or the other.

I only am as good as what is written in the Hebrew bible!
searchinmyroots, I think I got it wrong. I see you weren't using it as an argument.

My point only was that there might be times between the prophesied events.
(08-12-2021, 07:14 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: searchinmyroots, I think I got it wrong. I see you weren't using it as an argument.

My point only was that there might be times between the prophesied events.

Yes, now that I look back, I was just answering his question.

And yes, I agree, there may be times between events, I guess we'll have to wait and see!
They are saying that the "Michael" prophecized in Daniel 12 has arrived... And is French/Chinese Canadian in Canada... is this possible?

Does the Michael in Daniel 12 have to be a Jew?
(08-12-2021, 02:43 PM)Mike_Tang_1991 Wrote: They are saying that the "Michael" prophecized in Daniel 12 has arrived... And is French/Chinese Canadian in Canada... is this possible?

Does the Michael in Daniel 12 have to be a Jew?

Who is "they"?

I think you can answer your own question on that one.