The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel: Israeli–Palestinian conflict Solution!
What do you all think about inter-mixing and marrying our Palestinian neighbors?
Surely this peaceful solution could be an amazing path to peace. Thoughts?
Hello Ari and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

In my opinion, what will bring peace is mutual respect for each other.
Intermarriage only causes the loss of Jews and damage to Judaism. I am all for trying to negotiate peace with them, but as SMR said mutual respect is required. So far I don't think that has happened.
Personally, I think it's an entirely individual, interpersonal decision. And while it can certainly help to bring about mutual respect on an incremental scale, because it must be an individual, interpersonal decision, it can only be a small part of resolving much larger issues.
The L-d said not to intermarry Jewish daugthers with non-jews and Jewish sons with non-jewish women....
https://www.aish.com/atr/?llc=907764
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_c...rriage.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith...in_Judaism
Inter mixing is not in the best interest of the kids! I myself am the son of a dutch father and a german-born mother who was member of the BDM and I advise against it.
(04-13-2021, 05:50 PM)ctjacobs Wrote: Inter mixing is not in the best interest of the kids! I myself am the son of a dutch father and a german-born mother who was member of the BDM and I advise against it.

Sophie Scholl also was in the BDM in her early years. Later she stood up against the regime boldly.

Do you live here in Europe, too?
(04-14-2021, 06:28 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: Do you live here in Europe, too?

Yes, Netherlands.
Ari inquires if intermarriage with the Palestinian Arabs could be a solution to the Arab / Israeli dispute over the land of Israel.

Marriage with another whose religion is different is not a problem if there is mutual respect for each other's religions, however the majority of Arabs are fervently Muslim and while there is nothing wrong with that, it also means an intolerance for differing religious beliefs.

Because most "Palestinian" Arabs are taught by the Palestinian education system to hate Jews (below), this rather implies that widespread intermarriage is unlikely and also, not in the best interest of such a couple.

Further, while the "Palestinian" Arabs hoodwink the world they seek a two-state solution, to their own people they claim the whole of the land of Israel. 
Their policy is to take the land of Israel and expel or murder the Jews, for example the expulsion of the Jews from East Jerusalem in 1948.

The "Palestinian" Arabs are taught by the Palestinian education system to hate Jews, and claim all the land of Israel. 

I have discussed the role of the "Palestinian" Arab education system in perpetuating conflict, here: 
https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/show... - pid7529
(04-11-2021, 07:51 PM)Nooone Wrote: The L-d said not to intermarry Jewish daugthers with non-jews and Jewish sons with non-jews....
This is the best policy, IMHO. Intermarriage, in general, weakens a society's identity.

Robrecht Wrote:Personally, I think it's an entirely individual, interpersonal decision...
Of course, participants in such relations have rights pertaining. However, this is the purpose of having Melting Pot countries. Such trends taking place in societies evolved through identity will only serve to weaken those societies, as we are currently witnessing happening in Western countries.