The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement: Using Thread Prefixes
Instead of having a bunch of different forums, we're going to start using thread prefixes to keep the threads orderly.

When you make a new thread, choose a prefix before you write a subject. I'll keep an eye on new threads to sort them by prefix if one hasn't been chosen.

When threads have prefixes, you can view threads by prefix by choosing the prefix at the end of the topic page and clicking "Go."

Instead of having a separate forum for everything little thing, we can have all of our topics in a few forums with prefix sorting. I think this is more reasonable given the size of our active online community.

Let me know what you think and if you can think of thread prefixes that need to be added.

Jason
I have no idea what this means. I don't know what thread prefixes are, nor how to choose one Sad
I've circled it in the attached image. It's only relevant to NEW THREADS. Doesn't apply to posts within a thread.

All good?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I could be wrong - it wouldn't be the first time - but I think that as the forum returns to normal strength you will that thread prefixes will be insufficient to differentiate topics and will create unnecessary busy work for you, and/or the other mods, to sort them out.

While the number of subforms available previously may have been like an onion too finely sliced, an extremely limited number of subforums and the use of thread prefixes will create their own issues and will make the forum less, not more, user friendly.

However, I will work within however you decide to set up the system.
(12-25-2018, 08:07 AM)Jason Wrote: I've circled it in the attached image. It's only relevant to NEW THREADS. Doesn't apply to posts within a thread.

All good?

Does it give you a list to choose from, or do you just make up something?
(12-25-2018, 09:13 PM)Chavak Wrote: Does it give you a list to choose from, or do you just make up something?

It's a dropdown list. I can create more.