The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 938 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(938) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 938 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction: And you are ... ?
I am Jewish, raised as a Reform Jew in the American South surrounded by Christians most of the time. I became Orthodox in my late 20s. I mellowed out a little in my 40s to “Conservadox”. I lost my son in a car accident on Jan 1st/2nd this year so I really don’t know where I am at the moment.
(02-25-2019, 02:38 AM)Aryeh Wrote: I lost my son in a car accident on Jan 1st/2nd this year so I really don’t know where I am at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. One of the most un-natural things is for us to outlive our children. 

Kierkehaard once wrote. . ." It's the saddest of things to remember the future, especially the future that we can never have. " If you ever feel you need to just talk about it. You can PM me. I know it's a hard road to travel.
Aryeh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  I hope that you can find some small comfort here, because you are among friends.
Heart !לחיים

(02-25-2019, 02:38 AM)Aryeh Wrote: I am Jewish, raised as a Reform Jew in the American South surrounded by Christians most of the time. I became Orthodox in my late 20s. I mellowed out a little in my 40s to “Conservadox”. I lost my son in a car accident on Jan 1st/2nd this year so I really don’t know where I am at the moment.

My sincere condolences, @Aryeh. Though it happened 16 years ago, I can still feel the gut-wrenching experience of learning of the death of my daughter. May your son's memory be a blessing to you and all who knew him.

As for the rest, some of my best friends are Conservadox, while I'm Reform taking modest steps away from rampant secularism. My hope is that as long as we're moving thoughtfully we'll be more or less fine.

(By way of full disclosure I should note my fulsome support of the Kitnyot Liberation Front.)
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
So sorry about your loss, as well, Nili.  Time doesn't always heal all wounds.

nili Wrote:(By way of full disclosure I should note my fulsome support of the Kitnyot Liberation Front.)

Bean there, done that. Big Grin
Heart !לחיים