Introduction: Sam

Give a brief introduction
samthemanB3

Introduction: Sam

Post by samthemanB3 »

Some random basics about me:

* I'm from Texas and have lived mostly here, but I've also lived in New Mexico; I have gone to school in California and Kentucky.
* I'm a fan of Star Wars & Lord of the Rings, among other things.
* I'm a United Methodist pastor, in my 3rd year, and my dad was a UMC pastor, along with my grandfather!
* I had taken two semesters of Hebrew, did well, but then didn't use it. Later, with Jonathan/Jason (Hebrew Cafe) I picked it back up, and I'm really strengthening it.

I can't think of anything else interesting at the moment :D
Jason

Re: Introduction: Sam

Post by Jason »

samthemanB3 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:46 am * I'm a fan of Star Wars & Lord of the Rings, among other things.
I'm disappointed that Harry Potter didn't merit a mention there. I'm so happy that Disney took over and expanded Star Wars. The new content that they put out (especially The Mandalorian) has provided me with such joy. Seeing Snips and Luke in The Mandalorian was amazing!
Jason Hare
The Hebrew Café | Tel Aviv, Israel | thehebrewcafe.com
Jason

Post by Jason »

Also, I wasn't aware that you preferred to be called Sam. I certainly don't prefer to be called Jase, although my mom tends to use that name with me. :lol:
Jason Hare
samthemanB3

Post by samthemanB3 »

Most people call me Sam, I guess because it's easier? :lol: I don't mind either way, at all.

I really liked the Mandolorian. It's a solid show. I recently re-watched Star Wars Episodes 7-9; I enjoy them, but I'm critical of some of the decisions they made, along with execution. I've actually read a lot of the books and novels, the old expanded universe; in them, I enjoyed what happened after ROTJ.

Believe it or not I haven't seen Harry Potter! Just never happened. I read the first book a long time ago.
Jason

Post by Jason »

samthemanB3 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:17 pm
Believe it or not I haven't seen Harry Potter! Just never happened. I read the first book a long time ago.
Very hard to believe. I myself have a Deathly Hallows tattoo similar to the one in the picture attached. Mine is on my right shoulder, but it looks quite similar to the one there. I'm kinda obsessed with Harry Potter.

:lol:
Attachments
deathly-hallows-tattoo.jpg
deathly-hallows-tattoo.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 29205 times
Jason Hare
samthemanB3

Post by samthemanB3 »

That's a cool symbol! :o
Jason

Post by Jason »

samthemanB3 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:29 pm That's a cool symbol! :o
The circle stands for the resurrection stone, the line for the elder wand, and the triangle for cloak of invisibility. These three items are called "The Deathly Hallows," and together they make their holder the master of death (immortal). Harry Potter is the only one who owned all three of the items, but he chose to destroy the elder wand. No one should have that kind of power (which had belonged to Professor Dumbledore). I really like the lore of Harry Potter, even though it's not an ancient story.
Jason Hare