Compositions

For practicing all composition and asking questions to get past hurdles
jaihare
Site Admin

Compositions

Post by jaihare »

This will be your place for practicing your Hebrew compositions. You can ask questions about how to word things and how to approach composing in Hebrew.
Jason Hare
Jason

Re: Compositions

Post by Jason »

So, we'll be working through as much of Weingreen's Biblical Hebrew Composition as we can. I've never worked through that book myself, so I'm looking forward to going through it with you. When Jonathan mentioned that he wanted to use that book, I jumped on it. :)

I was always a fan of Weingreen's grammar. They used it where I went to Bible college but stopped the year that I took Hebrew 101. Mine was the first class in which they used Seow instead of Weingreen.

Have any of you had any experience with Weingreen? Will this be your first time using anything of his? Have you taken some time to look at the grammar or at the composition textbook?
Jason Hare
The Hebrew Café | Tel Aviv, Israel | thehebrewcafe.com
Jason

Post by Jason »

ואם יש (או יהיו) פה אנשים שיודעים עברית ישראלית, תרגישו חופשי לכתוב לנו בעברית—בלי לחץ.
Jason Hare
mplioplis

Post by mplioplis »

How do I get this vowel combination switched around? I can't figure it out. I also can't really understand when it's used.

עְַ (which needs to be inverted) as in מֵעְַבֹדַתַם וְשָׁמַעְתִי אֶת־צַעְַקָתָם
mplioplis

Post by mplioplis »

It's not קַמֶתס under the ע but a chataf patach and I can't create it, I tried typing a patach then a shewa but then it inverts it under the consonant.
mplioplis

Post by mplioplis »

I figured it out. Just have to press alt/control + A. Yikes, I had to look at the SIL manual for this keyboard layout.
Jason

Post by Jason »

There should be a separate key stroke specifically for ֲ .
Jason Hare