The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spelling of name
Hi. I want to understand how to spell my moms name in Hebrew.  My dad is Jewish but my mom is not.  I was not raised Jewish.  I have looked it up online but I see two write it.  Which is right? Her name is Marilyn
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

I do not have an answer to your question but hopefully one of the other members here can assist.

Just out of curiosity, is there a special reason why you want to know your mother's name in Hebrew?

If it is a personal issue that you do not want to share, that's okay, just thought I would ask.

Thank you.
I thought I could show her I appreciated her background by learning it.
That's very nice of you!
There is a difference to transliterating your mom’s English name using Hebrew letters and writing your  mom’s Hebrew name using Hebrew letters. What exactly are you trying to do?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(05-08-2023, 01:31 AM)RabbiO Wrote: There is a difference to transliterating your mom’s English name using Hebrew letters and writing your  mom’s Hebrew name using Hebrew letters. What exactly are you trying to do?

Since he said his mother is not Jewish  I guess she does not have a Hebrew name.
I see in Wikipedia that Marilyn Monroe is transliterated מרילין מונרו
(05-09-2023, 04:48 PM)ctjacobs Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 01:31 AM)RabbiO Wrote: There is a difference to transliterating your mom’s English name using Hebrew letters and writing your  mom’s Hebrew name using Hebrew letters. What exactly are you trying to do?

Since he said his mother is not Jewish  I guess she does not have a Hebrew name.

Oops!
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(05-09-2023, 06:53 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 04:48 PM)ctjacobs Wrote:

Oops!

My mother was 100% Jewish but did not have not a Hebrew name either, nor do I have one
Dr. Linde XXX