The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sentence Rhythm
(03-25-2024, 01:22 PM)rosends Wrote: that's either  a pashta  or a kadma, but not a geresh.

thanxs!  Yes, definitely not a geresh

Glenn
(03-25-2024, 02:33 PM)Dana Wrote: My apologies on my above post.  According to the Torah Cantillation it is a pashta symbol used twice.

that's my understanding - the pashta (I earlier used geresth, which is incorrect) is always on the final syllable, BUT if the accent isn't on the final syllable they "duplicate" the pashta and put it also on the accented syllable (so you get two of them).  to say it another way, if you do have 2 pashtas, the one on the final syllable is NOT accented
(03-25-2024, 03:10 PM)Glenn2020 Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 02:33 PM)Dana Wrote: My apologies on my above post.  According to the Torah Cantillation it is a pashta symbol used twice.

that's my understanding - the pashta (I earlier used geresth, which is incorrect) is always on the final syllable, BUT if the accent isn't on the final syllable they "duplicate" the pashta and put it also on the accented syllable (so you get two of them).  to say it another way, if you do have 2 pashtas, the one on the final syllable is NOT accented

Thank you on this clear explanation.
I'm reading in awe.... there is so much more to my question than I thought....