The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prophecies
Interesting article about biblical prophecies.

What I think is more important and of great value, is the last paragraph of the article -

" Bottom line, I tell people not to worry about prophecies too much. They’re an interesting diversion, but they’re really only visible through the rearview mirror. Most prophecies are rather obscure, and people are too quick to apply them to things in the news. We should concern ourselves less with the prophecies in the Torah and occupy ourselves more with the mitzvos. If we do what we’re supposed to do, God will ensure that history plays out the way it’s supposed to."

https://jewinthecity.com/2024/04/which-j...come-true/
There were individuals among your people who cared about prophecy, like Daniel (Daniel 9:2+3).

I have question without sarcasm, if the Tora is holy for you, can you still decide what is relevant and what is not?
(04-16-2024, 03:17 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: There were individuals among your people who cared about prophecy, like Daniel (Daniel 9:2+3).

I have question without sarcasm, if the Tora is holy for you, can you still decide what is relevant and what is not?

Well, Daniel is not considered a true prophet in Judaism, that's why he is not part of the books of prophets.

It's not up to me to decide what is relevant!

Two answers -

1 - It's all relevant to me, even if it's just understanding things that don't have to do with me.

2 - If there are any questions as to what applies and what does not apply to me, then we defer to the elders.
What is the meaning of holy in the context of holy scriptures then?

I thought of Daniel as a member of the Jewish people, not as a prophet. Here is the text:

In the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, contemplated the calculations, the number of the years that the word of the Lord had come to Jeremiah the prophet, since the destruction of Jerusalem seventy years. And I turned my face to the Lord God to beg with prayer and supplications, with fasting and sackcloth and ashes.
Blue Bird,

Yes, of course Daniel was a member of the Jewish people, that goes without saying.

Many of his visions are obscure and not straightforward.