The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversion to Conservative Judaism
Shalom, 

I am currently a humanistic Jew seeking conversion into Conservative Judaism. However, I don't have many resources and inquiring as to what advice can be offered.
Hello Darwin33, thanks for joining the forum.

I would seek out a nearby Conservative Synagogue and consult with one of their Rabbi's.

It might help if you attend some of their services to get yourself familiar.

What may I ask brings you to Conservative Judaism from Humanistic?
(04-16-2024, 03:30 PM)darwin33 Wrote: Shalom, 

I am currently a humanistic Jew seeking conversion into Conservative Judaism. However, I don't have many resources and inquiring as to what advice can be offered.

Were you born a Jew? If so, conversion is not something one does when moving from one movement in Judaism to another.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Welcome to the forum, Darwin33!
(04-17-2024, 02:31 AM)RabbiO Wrote:

Were you born a Jew? If so, conversion is not something one does when moving from one movement in Judaism to another.

Gee, I guess that should have been the first question to ask!
(04-17-2024, 12:02 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 02:31 AM)RabbiO Wrote:

Gee, I guess that should have been the first question to ask!

" While this folksy trio are informal interjections, they are also euphemistic alterations of the word God or, in the case of gee, Jesus. "

https://www.dictionary.com/e/golly-gosh-and-gee/

What?!
I'm just teasing Wink
Well it is strange how the word "Gee" can relate to the J in Jesus.

It's how it's pronounced, otherwise it would be Jee!