The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PB2
(01-25-2019, 04:15 AM)Channalee Wrote: Chava, if you can find a recipe for peanut butter flavored challah, then I'll be on that faster than buzzards on a gut-wagon! Big Grin

Out of curiosity I looked online and there are recipes for peanut butter and chocolate challah and peanut butter and jelly challah. None involve powdered PB but I bet it could be done.
(01-25-2019, 05:17 PM)Chavak Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 04:15 AM)Channalee Wrote: Chava, if you can find a recipe for peanut butter flavored challah, then I'll be on that faster than buzzards on a gut-wagon! Big Grin

Out of curiosity I looked online and there are recipes for peanut butter and chocolate challah and peanut butter and jelly challah. None involve powdered PB but I bet it could be done.

I figured there must be PB recipes out there somewhere, as I know people have experimented with all sorts of different flavored challot.  My supermarket's bakery, though, only does egg challah and raisin challah.

Thanks for looking for me!
Heart !לחיים

I use it in smoothies but I don't like it for toast or anything. It's just not that good. I also prefer the chocolate version for my smoothies (mixed with banana, oats, and non-dairy milk).
I finally tried it the other day, and I agree with you Dena. It's not anywhere near as good as the real thing if used on toast or something. I also made a smoothie with it, and while it was okay, I think I prefer my normal smoothie (pineapple, milk, ice cubes and coconut extract). I'll finish the jar, but it will be my last. Disappointed.
I added artificial sweetener to my smoothie today and it came out so much better. Actually pretty good.
I keep seeing this at Costco and am interested, I might pick up a jar next time I am over there. I have smoothie most mornings so this could make a nice change.
(02-04-2019, 07:08 PM)tampaguy Wrote: I keep seeing this at Costco and am interested, I might pick up a jar next time I am over there. I have smoothie most mornings so this could make a nice change.

I haven't looked at Costco but my understanding is that they carry PBFit and that most people prefer PB2.
(02-04-2019, 09:21 PM)Chavak Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 07:08 PM)tampaguy Wrote: I keep seeing this at Costco and am interested, I might pick up a jar next time I am over there. I have smoothie most mornings so this could make a nice change.

I haven't looked at Costco but my understanding is that they carry PBFit and that most people prefer PB2.

Hmm, now that you mention it I think that you are correct on the brand. Might try it anyways since I can return it to Costco if I don't like it Wink
(02-04-2019, 09:33 PM)tampaguy Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 09:21 PM)Chavak Wrote:

Hmm, now that you mention it I think that you are correct on the brand. Might try it anyways since I can return it to Costco if I don't like it Wink

Give it a try, and then let us know what you think.
I have taken it on backpacking trips as it is light and a good protein/calorie dense food but it inferior to peanut butter purists and connoisseurs.