Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Greetings! I come in peace as an Unbeliever/Seeker
#2
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your introduction and honesty as to why you have joined us.

You may find different opinions here to answer your questions but yes, by all means, you can ask what you'd like.

I am not a Rabbi or an authoritative figure, but I have a few quick thoughts on some of your questions.
  • Foreknowledge: God knew everything that would happen and created it anyway
    To me, it's not that simple. First, we really cannot understand the nature of G-d. I believe He is the past, present and future so everything is on one even plain.
  • Determination: Infallible foreknowledge means the future is fixed; free will is illusory.
    Just because He knows the future (again, a nature we cannot understand), it doesn't mean we do not have free will. Maybe He sees what our choices are.
  • Design: Humans are punished for functioning as designed.
    I don't see it as being punished for functioning as designed. I see it as feeling the consequences of our choices that go against G-d's will.
  • Proportionality: Eternal punishment for finite, biologically driven infractions
    This is not really a Jewish thought.
  • Epistemology: Faith is non-distinguishing and unverifiable; This is crucial. Belief is conviction. Knowledge requires evidence
    Yes, what you are saying makes sense. But for some, just seeing how we and the world operates is knowledge that leads to belief
  • Geography: Religious belief is determined by birthplace, not truth
    Not sure I understand or agree with this statement.Again, these are just a few very quick thoughts. I and others may dive deeper.Good, fair questions!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Greetings! I come in peace as an Unbeliever/Seeker - by searchinmyroots - 08-02-2026, 11:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)