The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Jewish Mother with Orthodox father
(12-24-2019, 02:17 PM)Maccabee54 Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:05 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 01:09 PM)Maccabee54 Wrote: Hi,

Building a life together requires commitment and sharing common goals. A marriage in Judaism is a sacred bond between two people that is about supporting each other in each person’s spiritual growth. Without sharing the same religion and common goals the marriage becomes untenable and when children are involved it becomes even worse.

While you may be infatuated with each other now, there is a high incidence of divorce in interfaith unions due to the inevitable conflict that arises:

https://breakupshop.com/best-jewish-dating-sites

An option of course is conversion, however you should only convert if you truly believe in Judaism. That kind of commitment should come from within and not because you want to get married.
Other than reading a 9 1/2 year old Washington Post article, what personal knowledge and expertise do yo bring to a discussion on interfaith relationships?

The article that I quoted in my reply cites studies and research that prove the point of the article. This is real facts based on real data. The article is not that old and the factors that caused conflicts in the past are still around today.

Unfortunately due to the prevalence of intermarriage there are not many people who have not been affected by it. Besides causing conflict in the immediate family, it causes conflicts in the extended family and in the broader Jewish community. Like a lot of Jews, I have had some experience with it.

I have also read through various studies and articles on intermarriage. I am well aware of the affect it is having on individuals and the Jewish community.

I think that this topic is very interesting and thought provoking. Just logically speaking, there is lot's of outside pressure from family, friends, society, culture in the sense of standards and norms. How certain people or religion "should" act and how they should not act. All of which of course, is imposed on you. Being in interfaith marriages will no doubt experience the pressure from those cultural norms 10 fold.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non-Jewish Mother with Orthodox father - by jewishdate - 04-25-2020, 07:46 PM