The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird word and phrase frequency number patterns
Hi,

I am not Jewish, and am looking for Jewish opinions on the concept found in Cascione's "Repetition in the Bible" book. Since the book is obscure, here is an explanation: He posits that there are weird number frequency patterns interlaced throughout the Torah. He also finds them in other books of the Bible, and even outside the Bible, but they are not as strong as in the Torah.

(Cascione is a Lutheran;' some of the research underlying the book was done by Jews; especially this is why I am posting on this forum.)

Is this sort of thing generally known and discussed about already? Cascione mentions Umberto Cassuto, but is he a scholar who is generally well known and accepted, or is this all new to you? In general do you reject or affirm this sort of thing?

Are numerologically significant word frequency patterns discussed in Kabbalah? (Or in maybe smaller movements I haven't heard of?) I am aware of gematria mentioned a decent amount, but not this.

I suppose I should give an example of some of the less intense number patterns so you know what I am meaning; not anything as serious as in the Torah. (I went and looked for weird number patterns in a variety of works. This is one of the ones that had them.) 

Tomer Devorah (The Palm Tree of Deborah)
http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/de...eborah.pdf

"According to the secret"-26 times
It is proper for man to imitate his Creator, resembling Him in both likeness and image[1] according to the
secret
 of the Supernal Form...it is proper for man to imitate the acts of the Supernal Crown, which are the thirteen highest attributes of mercy
13x2=26

'He has done forty good deeds and committed ten sins. The ten cancel each other out leaving thirty good deeds,' God forfend.

"God forfend"-10 times, this seems like some sort of superstition to keep from becoming unclean by talking about sin, as in "Make sure to say 'God forfend' ten times to ward off evil."

How shall a man train himself to acquire the quality of Understanding? ...according to the secret of the Jubilee
The Jubilee was 7x7.
This book has 7x7, as:
"acquire the quality"-7 times
"good qualities"-7 times (not counting singular uses)

Also,
"good deed"-7 times, not counting plural uses
"The Holy One, Blessed is He, actually recalls all the good deeds they have done from the day of their birth and all the good
qualities
"

this is linked in that "good deed" (although notice it is plural) is seven and "good qualities" is also seven

Messages In This Thread
Weird word and phrase frequency number patterns - by sixtynine seventy - 06-08-2020, 04:27 AM