The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just an idea - talking about the H.B.?
What about talking about the Hebrew Bible? We know our differences - that's fine. I have no clear suggestion how that might work, just an idea. For example, choose a topic or a text and then talk about it (funny things, texts that are hard to understand etc.). The thought came to me when I read that Elisha was like a devine spy against Aram and I phantasied how this would look like today. Would he sit next to the Iron Domes or in the Intelligence Agency?

And the king of Aram was waging war with Israel; and he held council with his servants, saying, "In a hidden, secret place I will encamp." And the man of God sent to the king of Israel, saying, "Beware of passing this place, for there the Arameans are encamped." And the king of Israel sent to the place concerning which the man of God had told him and cautioned him, and he took precautions there, not once and not twice. 

And the king of Aram was greatly disturbed about this matter, and he summoned his servants and said to them, "Will you not tell me who of ours [reveals my secrets] to the king of Israel?" And one of his servants said, "No, my master, the King, but Elisha the prophet who is in Israel tells the king of Israel the words that you speak in your bedroom."

(II Kings - Chapter 6)

Messages In This Thread
Just an idea - talking about the H.B.? - by Blue Bird - 05-11-2021, 07:19 PM