The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism vs Christianity
Good video and explanation from Rabbi Skobac.

„They tend to enjoy interacting with Jews.“

Yes this was true until I saw this video. Now not anymore.
(06-30-2022, 09:43 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: „They tend to enjoy interacting with Jews.“

Yes this was true until I saw this video. Now not anymore.

Blue Bird -

I'm not sure what do you mean by that.

Please clarify.

Is the video offensive to you?
All right, a clarification, although I don't think it's necessary.

I didn't get through the whole thing. Rabbi Skobac despises Christians and doesn't hide it. I would not allow Christians to talk about Jews like that. The title could very well be "Recognize who your enemy is".
(07-01-2022, 06:18 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: All right, a clarification, although I don't think it's necessary.

I didn't get through the whole thing. Rabbi Skobac despises Christians and doesn't hide it. I would not allow Christians to talk about Jews like that. The title could very well be "Recognize who your enemy is".

Blue Bird,

Thank you for clarifying, I really didn't understand.

Sorry you feel that way as I don't see Rabbi Skobac "despising" Christians. I do see him not agreeing with things that are written in the Christian bible and explaining it very openly as he sees it. There are many Christians who go to him to ask questions and he doesn't turn them away, insult or look down upon them.

In contrast, I just watched a video by a very well known and followed Christian preacher who definitely ridiculed the Jews.

I will not post links to Rabbi Skobac's videos if it offends you.

Did you not see the contrast though as to what he was saying about what the Christian bible teaches as opposed to what the Hebrew bible does? The difference in the overall message?

I could ask you more questions about specifics, but I think it best to leave it where it is.
I listened to him speak and did not find anything to indicate he despises Christians.  What I heard was someone clarifying the differences between the beliefs and books of Judaism and Christianity.  I agree with the part where he said believing in Jesus is like the aorta of the religion.  The heart.  And one illustration is by asking what is more important, Moses or the teachings of the Exodus? 

Bluebird, why do you think he despises Christianity?  Where was the insult?  When he spoke of Christians wearing Jesus glasses that made me smile because I know it to be true.  As a Christian for many years I found prophetic overtones from Genesis to Malachi. 

The ending about Christian Scholars agreeing with Judaism's teachings on the Torah and Tanach I think has much to do with an intellectual honesty that doesn't come without a cost.  They've learned the biblical languages both Greek and Hebrew and discovered significant differences in the translations.  I know this for Bart Earhmann.  It seems most of the Christian scholars follow their discoveries by becoming atheists.
(07-01-2022, 01:17 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I could ask you more questions about specifics, but I think it best to leave it where it is.

Sorry Searchinmyroots, I had posted before I saw this.  This may be best.  Please disregard my post.
(07-01-2022, 01:37 PM)Dana Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 01:17 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I could ask you more questions about specifics, but I think it best to leave it where it is.

Sorry Searchinmyroots, I had posted before I saw this.  This may be best.  Please disregard my post.

Dana,

No problem, I think your post is very well stated, let's leave it as is.
My anger has subsided a bit. I'll avoid the subforum, it's not good for me.
(07-02-2022, 08:49 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: My anger has subsided a bit. I'll avoid the subforum, it's not good for me.

Sorry you are angry Blue Bird, that wasn't my intent.

I've watched many Christian videos that, let's just say, weren't too "kind" to Judaism. Yes it hurts sometimes to see what others out there say and believe.

But for me, it helps me understand their mindset a little.

I think its is better to understand where people are at and to try to have an intelligent conversation about. Not that we will end up agreeing with each other, although that would be nice. And I also know many cannot have that type of conversation.

Looking forward to interacting with you on the other sub-forums.  Smile