The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Views about Hinduism
I have seen some videos on youtube by some Rabbis like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2mu0ubsAx4
there are a lot of others I came across, which sound similar and seem to suggest all belief systems are basically good and are leading to God anyway.
The God of the bible seems to be very much against worshipping idols and corrupting His image and replacing Him with animals we see around. There are several religions which do have such animal/idol worship, especially Hinduism which has no bar on worshipping anything we see around. What do jews who believe in the Tanakh think about this? Do you think Hindus have found God or have been lead astray and sinned against God for millennia? I am looking for unbiased answers please?
Hello vprasady and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

To answer your question, the way I see it, anything that is worshiped that is not the G-d of Israel is idol worship.

Rabbi Tovia Singer lived in Indonesia for some time and spoke of Hindu "gods" quite frequently.

Most people in the world can find "something" that is spiritual and if I'm not mistaken, that is what may lead them to the God of Israel one day. T

That they will learn what we believe to be the truth.

It's hard to say if they have "sinned" against God if they were brought up only knowing to worship what they do. In my opinion, it would be a sin if they dismissed or went against the God of Israel for their gods. I think most keep to themselves and believe what they will

That's my take anyway, others here might chime in as well.
What I will tell you, and I realize I am a little late here, is that there is only one G-d and one way to Him. This was established in the beginning. About 6000 years ago God created all things and placed a man in Eden. He then took of this man's DNA, changed a chromosome from XY to XX and made a woman. From these two every person descended. This man chose sin and died and was driven from Eden having lost the image he was made in, G-d's. From then everyone from them was born in this sin. G-d promised a Messiah would come in the future to save man. Those who believed this walked with G-d and the others looked around at all that G-d made, but in not wanting to walk with G-d, made those images into gods. Now holding the obvious truth of G-d in their unrighteousness and sin, that they did not want release from, they were turned to more ungodliness by the judgment of
G-d. And given chances to repent they continued on into more lies and more unrighteousness as their sin and G-d's judgment on it became intertwined into a destiny each of those individuals alone chose. Man has free will. After all, G-d did not stop Adam from sinning, did He?
(05-01-2023, 05:14 PM)veil23 Wrote: From then everyone from them was born in this sin.  G-d promised a Messiah would come in the future to save man. 

I don't see where either of these 2 statements are written in the Hebrew bible.
(05-01-2023, 05:14 PM)veil23 Wrote:  He then took of this man's DNA, changed a chromosome from XY to XX and made a woman.  

Human biology is not that easy.  Chromosomes alone are not enough to make a man (default is always a woman - I bet God made he woman first because of the default).  A male phenotype can only develop, if a functioning SRY gene is present.  Most of the time such a gene is present on one o the arms of the Y, but in some cases it can be on a X chromosome, and the outcome is male with XX chromosomes.
I bet God knew this, too!  I had to learn this in med school.
Dr. Linde XXX
(05-02-2023, 01:11 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 05:14 PM)veil23 Wrote: From then everyone from them was born in this sin.  G-d promised a Messiah would come in the future to save man. 

"in the day you eat you will die" says G-d to Adam.  Yet Adam lived 930 years from that point meaning his death was spiritual in nature.  G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins to cover them.  In this G-d spilt blood that covered this sin until the arrival of the seed (coming Messiah) that would destroy the devil (serpent) who had a hold on man through that spiritual death.  In Genesis 6 G-d sees how the imagination of men is only evil, continually (hello to those born of Adam) in sin!) and Jeremiah says the heart of man is desperately wicked (chap 17). And we know what the Hebrew scriptures say they say to those to whom they were given -that EVERY mouth may be stopped (both Jewish and gentile) before G-d.  You are not seeing the forrest for the trees.
(05-02-2023, 06:27 PM)Linde Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 05:14 PM)veil23 Wrote:  He then took of this man's DNA, changed a chromosome from XY to XX and made a woman.  

Human biology is not that easy.  Chromosomes alone are not enough to make a man (default is always a woman - I bet God made he woman first because of the default).  A male phenotype can only develop, if a functioning SRY gene is present.  Most of the time such a gene is present on one o the arms of the Y, but in some cases it can be on a X chromosome, and the outcome is male with XX chromosomes.

Oh yea I did see "Dr." somewhere in this forum concerning you.  I do not pretend to understand much about genes, DNA, chromosomes, etc.. but 
I can tell you that the man was made first for in the day G-d made HIM He says He made THEM (Gen 2:27). This shows that all G-d needed to make the woman was inside the chemistry of the man.  And notice that men have breasts, something we don't need nor do we use, because the chemistry to make a woman had to be present in the man yet only be effectually functioning in the woman that came from the man.  And if I may ask: What branch of medicine are you in?
(05-03-2023, 04:54 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Oh yea I did see "Dr." somewhere in this forum concerning you.  I do not pretend to understand much about genes, DNA, chromosomes, etc.. but 
I can tell you that the man was made first for in the day G-d made HIM He says He made THEM (Gen 2:27). This shows that all G-d needed to make the woman was inside the chemistry of the man.  And notice that men have breasts, something we don't need nor do we use, because the chemistry to make a woman had to be present in the man yet only be effectually functioning in the woman that came from the man.  And if I may ask: What branch of medicine are you in?

I have a PhD in Biomedical Sciences, and it i not chemistry that makes us male or female, but biology.
 And I think we should not take the Bible/Thora literally but understand the thought behind it!
Dr. Linde XXX
(05-03-2023, 04:44 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 01:11 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

"in the day you eat you will die" says G-d to Adam.  Yet Adam lived 930 years from that point meaning his death was spiritual in nature.  G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins to cover them.  In this G-d spilt blood that covered this sin until the arrival of the seed (coming Messiah) that would destroy the devil (serpent) who had a hold on man through that spiritual death.  In Genesis 6 G-d sees how the imagination of men is only evil, continually (hello to those born of Adam) in sin!) and Jeremiah says the heart of man is desperately wicked (chap 17). And we know what the Hebrew scriptures say they say to those to whom they were given -that EVERY mouth may be stopped (both Jewish and gentile) before G-d.  You are not seeing the forrest for the trees.

Sounds like a lot of "assumptions" here.

Where does it say G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins? What does Genesis 3 really say?
3:21 - And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife shirts of skin, and He dressed them.

Where does it say blood was shed to cover the sin? I'll answer that question myself, nowhere!

Where does it say the serpent was a devil? Nowhere!

So G-d saw that mans heart was evil, that doesn't say or prove anything about being born a sinner. It was mans choice. As a mater of fact, the Hebrew bible says something quite contrary -

Genesis 8:21 -
And the Lord smelled the pleasant aroma, and the Lord said to Himself, "I will no longer curse the earth because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth, and I will no longer smite all living things as I have done. (emphasis mine).

So here we see that G-d Himself says mans heart is evil from his youth, not from birth as you wrote. That is why we are told over and over again to "choose" the good. We need to be old enough to know the difference good and evil, which one cannot possibly know the day of our birth.

You are adding things from Christian theology that are NOT written in the Hebrew bible.

You are seeing the forest through Christian lenses, not what is actually written.

I'll stick with what the Hebrew bible actually says, not something that inserted.
(05-03-2023, 06:36 PM)Linde Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 04:54 PM)veil23 Wrote:

I have a PhD in Biomedical Sciences, and it i not chemistry that makes us male or female, but biology.
 And I think we should not take the Bible/Thora literally but understand the thought behind it!
Yes, biology..I was just using the word 'chemistry' to indicate G-d took from the "inside stuff" (Lol!) of Adam..It is amazing what the Hebrew scriptures say concerning these types of things.  Psalm 139:16 speaks of a human embryo (golem) and how G-d knows all of the body parts as they grow.  And the book of Job, chapter 10, tells of how the sperm and egg start off liquidy (if that is a word) and then coagulate.  I know the egg hardens to prevent any other sperm from entering.  I love science, medicine, and doctors (without them a lot of Christians and Jewish people would be dead) and G-d's word does not speak against them.  But without G-d's word as immutable truth we have nothing to build our lives upon that wont come crashing down in the end.  As Psalm 1 says "If you meditate in it day and night you wont walk in the counsel of the ungodly or be driven away as chaff but will be a tree by the rivers of living waters, etc..