The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
commandments, statutes, instructions
Today I discussed with someone why G-d waited so long to give a place where He can be found. In this context, I heard a verse that surprised me.

Because Abraham hearkened to My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My instructions. (1. Mose 26.5)

How could he keep all the commandments? They weren't given yet.
There is also an interesting verse in which Abraham served the angels calf and milk together and they ate. (1. Mose 18,8).
(11-21-2022, 12:10 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: There is also an interesting verse in which Abraham served the angels calf and milk together and they ate. (1. Mose 18,8).

I’m surprised you didn’t  ask how Noah knew the difference between clean and unclean animals to be brought on the ark.

As to your initial inquiry, as well as your second, there are several different Jewish possible answers.

(I had forgotten that you are from Germany until I saw how you cited to Beresheet/Genesis.)
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(11-21-2022, 01:21 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 12:10 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: There is also an interesting verse in which Abraham served the angels calf and milk together and they ate. (1. Mose 18,8).

I’m surprised you didn’t  ask how Noah knew the difference between clean and unclean animals to be brought on the ark.

As to your initial inquiry, as well as your second, there are several different Jewish possible answers.

(I had forgotten that you are from Germany until I saw how you cited to Beresheet/Genesis.)

c) You're right. Most if not all German Bibles number the books of Moses.

b) What is your answer to my questions?

a) I have this question. But in view of the unfolding drama almost irrelevant.