The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry if this is double
I thought I posted this question but I don’t see it. So I will once more. I recently learned of the paleo Hebrew alphabet. To me it looks similar to ancient Scandinavian alphabets. Does anyone know if ancient Scandinavian alphabets may have their root in paleo Hebrew? Best example is the letter d for both. It is the same glyph
I am not Jewish or a Gentile but would love to discuss my beliefs if I thought anyone would understand. They are different than most but rooted in Old Testament like everyone else’s. 
(12-11-2022, 05:50 PM)Quarinteen Wrote: I thought I posted this question but I don’t see it. So I will once more. I recently learned of the paleo Hebrew alphabet. To me it looks similar to ancient Scandinavian alphabets. Does anyone know if ancient Scandinavian alphabets may have their root in paleo Hebrew? Best example is the letter d for both. It is the same glyph

To me the most striking difference is that runes don't have a letter for the aleph even though words that both start in pronounciation with aleph do rhyme
Maybe Jason can shed some insight on it.
I don't know anything about ancient Scandinavian, but I do see a few similarities. The paleo-Hebrew alphabet is essentially Phoenician, which had wide influence across the Mediterranean, essentially serving as the basis for the current Greek and Latin alphabets so there could be some indirect influence through these languages. I don't see a lot of influence 'though.