The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gene Wilder
Here's a wonderfully funny and touching, animated interview with the late Gene Wilder that I just had to share. Smile 

What are your top three favorite Gene Wilder movies?  Mine are:

#1 The Producers
#2 The Frisco Kid
#3 Young Frankenstein
Heart !לחיים

He's one of my favorite people too ! I read a book by Gilda Radner ( It's Always Something ) This was a great book with an inside view into there lives. They were both really great people.
(02-07-2019, 04:32 PM)Baruch Wrote: He's one of my favorite people too ! I read a book by Gilda Radner ( It's Always Something ) This was a great book with an inside view into there lives. They were both really great people.

He really loved Gilda.  It was so tragic when she died young from ovarian cancer.

Do you have any favorite Gene Wilder movies?  Have you ever seen The Frisco Kid, where Gene Wilder plays a gentle and rather naive Orthodox rabbi in the Old West, accompanied by Harrison Ford?
Heart !לחיים

I'm pretty sure I have some movies with him. I just can't think of any right now.

I do remember in her book that she was describing the difference between the both of them. She was a comedian, meaning it was her nature to be funny. He was a comic actor. He's not naturally funny. He is just playing parts that could be considered funny. I found that interesting...
(02-08-2019, 05:20 PM)Baruch Wrote: I'm pretty sure I have some movies with him. I just can't think of any right now.

I do remember in her book that she was describing the difference between the both of them. She was a comedian, meaning it was her nature to be funny. He was a comic actor. He's not naturally funny. He is just playing parts that could be considered funny. I found that interesting...

Yes, there's a lot of irony in Gene Wilder's humor.  I think that's why he appeals to me so much.
Heart !לחיים

(02-08-2019, 05:09 PM)Channalee Wrote: Do you have any favorite Gene Wilder movies?  Have you ever seen The Frisco Kid, where Gene Wilder plays a gentle and rather naive Orthodox rabbi in the Old West, accompanied by Harrison Ford?

Yes, Frisco Kid is one of mine.

I like how he tried to fit his Judaism into everything he did, even thought he was against the odds with all around him!
(02-10-2019, 08:19 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 05:09 PM)Channalee Wrote: Do you have any favorite Gene Wilder movies?  Have you ever seen The Frisco Kid, where Gene Wilder plays a gentle and rather naive Orthodox rabbi in the Old West, accompanied by Harrison Ford?

Yes, Frisco Kid is one of mine.

I like how he tried to fit his Judaism into everything he did, even thought he was against the odds with all around him!

I loved the scene where he met the Amish men and thought they were fellow Jews.  lol
Heart !לחיים

That is genuinely funny. . . I have to watch this movie !

It's a brilliant movie!
[quote pid='727' dateline='1549844802']

[/quote]

I think the caption in that screen capture says: "And nasty bastards robbed me!"  

Gene Wilder's character is trying to tell the Amish men about what happened to him as soon as he arrived in America, and how he was injured and robbed.  I loved the way the Amish took in the rabbi and cared for him in the next scene, even though they were different religions (and the Amish thought Gene Wilder's character was crazy).
Heart !לחיים