The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeshua foreshadowed in the Feasts and Psalms 22
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are doing well and that it is a beautiful day indeed.

I have been reading about the Feasts and how they foreshadow Yeshua's time on earth; Bo: Passover, Do This in Remembrance of Me.

Is there any historical record that you know of that connects Yeshua to Pesach (Passover)? I'm not sure if this was considered the Herodian Period or the Roman Period, but I believe it was during the first century, between the years 30 to 35. I had read and been told that that historian Flavius Josephus wrote about Yeshua, but I was wondering if there were other accounts?

Personally, the connection of Tehilliim (Psalms) to Yeshua's crucifixion is particularly surprising; Tehillim (Psalms) - Chapter 22.
Nothing in the Hebrew Bible "foreshadows" Jesus from our point of view.

Psalm 22 has nothing to do with Jesus.
As SMR said, there is no foreshadowing of Jesus in the bible, and he really is not important to Judaism. I have read that the section of Jesus mentioned by Josephus is a fabricated addition, but I don't really know. To be honest looking for Jesus in the bible and other writings isn't something that interests me and is destined to be a failed search.
Why would one want to search in the Jewish bible for indications of a person named Jesus?  If I want to belief in Jesus, I would want to become a Christian.
Dr. Linde XXX
(03-31-2023, 02:26 AM)Chavak Wrote: As SMR said, there is no foreshadowing of Jesus in the bible, and he really is not important to Judaism. I have read that the section of Jesus mentioned by Josephus is a fabricated addition, but I don't really know. To be honest looking for Jesus in the bible and other writings isn't something that interests me and is destined to be a failed search.

Psalm 22 says Yeshua will pay his vows in the midst his brethren which he does within his brethren when we give the offering of thanks and confession (Todah) and thus we eat the peace offerings in fellowship with him.  His vows are being payed for having been raised from the dead and thus he is allowed to eat on the second day (Lev 7) while his brethren on earth thank and confess his victory and eat with him in the present day (lev 7).  We eat in fellowship through this praise and G-d inhabits it (Psalm 22).  Psalm 8 say out of the mouths of babes and sucklings thou has ordained strength to still the enemy and the avenger.  When yeshua's brethren (and sisters) worship him as new born babes, born with his life, we have the same strength.  A seed shall serve G-d and it shall be accounted to the L-rd for a generation (Psalm 22).
Really?

Where does Psalm 22 mention "Yeshua"?
(04-25-2023, 11:51 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Really?

My friend, you are staring at a lamp denying the light.
(04-27-2023, 05:00 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Sorry, my light is burning bright, you are inserting things that aren't there.

As King David says - Your words are a lamp for my foot, and light for my path.

It might be polite if you refrained from trying to preach to us.

If you have a question, that's fine.

Otherwise, you're just repeating things that we've heard and refuted for thousands of years.

Mentioning it over and over doesn't change the facts.

https://uriyosef.wordpress.com/2021/06/2...-scenario/
(04-27-2023, 08:20 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 05:00 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Sorry, my light is burning bright, you are inserting things that aren't there.

As King David says - Your words are a lamp for my foot, and light for my path.

It might be polite if you refrained from trying to preach to us.

If you have a question, that's fine.

Otherwise, you're just repeating things that we've heard and refuted for thousands of years.

Mentioning it over and over doesn't change the facts.

https://uriyosef.wordpress.com/2021/06/2...-scenario/

Psalm 119 is most correct.  And no scientist worth his salt would run an experiment of how a fish handles water of different levels of salinity while changing the water temperature at the same time.  Why?  Because you could not trust the results having changed more than one variable at a time.  G-d's words are like that.  We cannot bring our own definitions to words like righteousness, mercy, judgment, faith, etc.. without changing the image of G-d who spoke them.  Isaiah 5:20 warns what then happens.
Um, last I checked it was King David who spoke those words in Psalm 119, not G-d.