The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offended as a logical person.
My title is kind of tongue-in-cheek.  I remember an episode of Seinfeld where his dentist converted to Judaism and was telling Jewish jokes and Jerry was asked if he was offended as a Jewish person.  Jerry answered: "No! I am offended as a comedian!"  My question to all the Jewish members who are reading this is -If you have read the New Testament book of Hebrews -how can you not logically conclude Yeshua is the Messiah?  Thanks.
My answer is short and to the point -

By reading and understanding what is written in the Hebrew bible.
(04-19-2023, 12:28 AM)veil23 Wrote: My title is kind of tongue-in-cheek.  I remember an episode of Seinfeld where his dentist converted to Judaism and was telling Jewish jokes and Jerry was asked if he was offended as a Jewish person.  Jerry answered: "No! I am offended as a comedian!"  My question to all the Jewish members who are reading this is -If you have read the New Testament book of Hebrews -how can you not logically conclude Yeshua is the Messiah?  Thanks.

Why should I read a book written by Christians for Christians?  The same would be that if I read a Harry Potter book how can I not logically conclude that Wizards re all around us?
Dr. Linde XXX
(04-20-2023, 01:39 AM)Linde Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 12:28 AM)veil23 Wrote: My title is kind of tongue-in-cheek.  I remember an episode of Seinfeld where his dentist converted to Judaism and was telling Jewish jokes and Jerry was asked if he was offended as a Jewish person.  Jerry answered: "No! I am offended as a comedian!"  My question to all the Jewish members who are reading this is -If you have read the New Testament book of Hebrews -how can you not logically conclude Yeshua is the Messiah?  Thanks.

Why should I read a book written by Christians for Christians?  The same would be that if I read a Harry Potter book how can I not logically conclude that Wizards re all around us?

I agree with Linde. It would have been more polite if you greeted people here and gave your name before accusing the Jewish members of not being logical.
(04-19-2023, 12:36 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: My answer is short and to the point -

By reading and understanding what is written in the Hebrew bible.

Well, that is my point.  If the priests could not partake of the sacrifice if it's blood was brought into the sanctuary (as in day of Atonement) but had to to burn it outside the camp isn't it logical that Yeshua is Messiah since he suffered outside the camp (city) and a follower of him CAN partake of this sacrifice, in-other-words, get the atonement inside of themselves?

Perhaps then an example just from Moses.  It doesn't seem logical that the blood of animals would atone for sin yet it is does seem logical that the blood of a sinless man would.
(04-20-2023, 09:44 AM)Blue Bird Wrote:

I agree with Linde. It would have been more polite if you greeted people here and gave your name before accusing the Jewish members of not being logical.
You kinda got me there.  I was seeing so many people being very direct on other posts so I kind of jumped right in.  Hello, my name is Mike and I have
wanted to post for a long time.  It always surprised me Jewish people didn't see Yeshua as Messiah.  I look forward to this discussion.  Thanks for reading and replying.
Because this person does not meet the requirements our belief tells us the Messiah must meet!

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/art...e-criteria

I am a very secular Jew, but I am a Jew and don't want to be a Christian.  We rejected this idea of the Christian Messiah for about 2000 years long by now, and you can be sure that our scholars looked into any evidence there was, to establish that this is not the Messiah we are waiting for!
Dr. Linde XXX
For Yeshua to be the christian messias it is necessary that there was a Yeshua which fits the description in the new testament.
Now see this website.
@veil23 -

For starters, if you don’t mind my asking, just how much do you actually know about Judaism - as it was, as it is?
בקש שלום ורדפהו