The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's election is sovereign.
Genesis 3 states that G-d told lucifer that he would bruise the heel (a death but then a resurrection) of the coming seed while that coming seed will bruise his (lucifer's) head (total destruction).  G-d did not choose the guy down the street in Ur but chose Abraham.  G-d did not choose Ishmael but chose Isaac.  G-d did not choose Esau but chose Jacob.  We would all agree the Jewish nation comes through the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  Then G-d chose that coming seed, Yeshua, and not the physical lineage.  How is it so many Jewish people do not see this and accept the invitation to come into Yeshua?
Have you ever read any of the Jewish responses to what is perceived as "proof texts" by some Christians?

These have all been addressed before, many times, over and over again.

No sense in rehashing old news as our position has not changed.
(04-24-2023, 12:40 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Have you ever read any of the Jewish responses to what is perceived as "proof texts" by some Christians?

If there are Jewish responses beyond the atheistic responses I want to learn about them.
A summary of the atheistic responses can be found, once again, here
(04-24-2023, 05:01 PM)ctjacobs Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 12:40 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Have you ever read any of the Jewish responses to what is perceived as "proof texts" by some Christians?

If there are Jewish responses beyond the atheistic responses I want to learn about them.
A summary of the atheistic responses can be found, once again, here

CT,

I'm surprised if you don't about these organizations and their associated Youtube channels -

https://jewsforjudaism.org/

https://outreachjudaism.org/

And this one with some very detailed articles -

https://uriyosef.wordpress.com/my-counte...son-notes/
Thanks!
The reason G-d chose Yeshua, like He chose Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob was because he alone could keep all the commandments and then free Israel from the curse of the law. The curse of the law is that noone can keep it and are found guilty before G-d. If I knew I would be stoned for adultery I would not commit it. But the 10th commandment is dealing with sin on the inside, where the more you tried to stop lusting the more you lusted. And thus Deut 27:26 says cursed be him that confirmeth not all the words of this law TO DO THEM. And Lev 18:5 says if you can keep the statutes you will live in them. Well, noone could keep that 10th commandment. Psalm 40 says Yeshua read the Old Testament with an ear G-d had opened and saw He did not want the blood of animals but the blood of a sinless man. Thus having kept the law and stepping into the shoes of every Jewish person who could not he received the judgment due us all. And in rising from the dead G-d fulfilled the covenant made to seed singular (not physical lineage because they could not keep it), the Messiah. Thus the Old Testament became a last will and testament where all those who come to G-d, thru Yeshua, receive an eternal inheritance -the very life he kept the old Covenant with. Praise G-d for Abraham who mediated this covenant between G-d and the Messiah, to give him a physical body in the earth.
(04-25-2023, 05:51 PM)veil23 Wrote: The reason G-d chose Yeshua, like He chose Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob was because he alone could keep all the commandments and then free Israel from the curse of the law.  The curse of the law is that noone can keep it and are found guilty before G-d.  If I knew I would be stoned for adultery I would not commit it.  But the 10th commandment is dealing with sin on the inside, where the more you tried to stop lusting the more you lusted.  And thus Deut 27:26 says cursed be him that confirmeth not all the words of this law TO DO THEM.  And Lev 18:5 says if you can keep the statutes you will live in them.  Well, noone could keep that 10th commandment.  Psalm 40 says Yeshua read the Old Testament with an ear G-d had opened and saw He did not want the blood of animals but the blood of a sinless man.  Thus having kept the law and stepping into the shoes of every Jewish person who could not he received the judgment due us all.  And in rising from the dead G-d fulfilled the covenant made to seed singular (not physical lineage because they could not keep it), the Messiah.  Thus the Old Testament became a last will and testament where all those who come to G-d, thru Yeshua, receive an eternal inheritance -the very life he kept the old Covenant with.  Praise G-d for Abraham who mediated this covenant between G-d and the Messiah, to give him a physical body in the earth.

Umm, that's a Christian perspective and has nothing to do with Judaism or the G-d of the Hebrew bible.

There is no such thing as Lucifer in the Hebrew bible.

No one person can keep all the commandments and if you think they can, then you don't understand what they all are.

The law is not a curse, that's a Pauline perspective, the Hebrew bible says quite the opposite, it is more precious than gold for one.

Yes, you are correct, G-d did not desire the blood of animals but if you look closely in the Hebrew bible, you'll see what He did desire. It certainly wasn't the blood of a sinless man.

I'm sorry veil, but your just preaching here, we've heard it all before, many times, for many years.

Please refrain from further proselytizing.

Thank you.
(04-25-2023, 11:49 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 05:51 PM)veil23 Wrote: The reason G-d chose Yeshua, like He chose Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob was because he alone could keep all the commandments and then free Israel from the curse of the law.  The curse of the law is that noone can keep it and are found guilty before G-d.  If I knew I would be stoned for adultery I would not commit it.  But the 10th commandment is dealing with sin on the inside, where the more you tried to stop lusting the more you lusted.  And thus Deut 27:26 says cursed be him that confirmeth not all the words of this law TO DO THEM.  And Lev 18:5 says if you can keep the statutes you will live in them.  Well, noone could keep that 10th commandment.  Psalm 40 says Yeshua read the Old Testament with an ear G-d had opened and saw He did not want the blood of animals but the blood of a sinless man.  Thus having kept the law and stepping into the shoes of every Jewish person who could not he received the judgment due us all.  And in rising from the dead G-d fulfilled the covenant made to seed singular (not physical lineage because they could not keep it), the Messiah.  Thus the Old Testament became a last will and testament where all those who come to G-d, thru Yeshua, receive an eternal inheritance -the very life he kept the old Covenant with.  Praise G-d for Abraham who mediated this covenant between G-d and the Messiah, to give him a physical body in the earth.

Umm, that's a Christian perspective and has nothing to do with Judaism or the G-d of the Hebrew bible.

There is no such thing as Lucifer in the Hebrew bible.

No one person can keep all the commandments and if you think they can, then you don't understand what they all are.

The law is not a curse, that's a Pauline perspective, the Hebrew bible says quite the opposite, it is more precious than gold for one.

Yes, you are correct, G-d did not desire the blood of animals but if you look closely in the Hebrew bible, you'll see what He did desire. It certainly wasn't the blood of a sinless man.

I'm sorry veil, but your just preaching here, we've heard it all before, many times, for many years.

Please refrain from further proselytizing.

Thank you.

Call lucifer whatever you want Moses certainly wrote of him Gen 3.
Concerning no-one keeping all the laws -just keep the tenth commandment -How is that working for you?  
Of course the law is not a curse.  The curse OF the law is that no-one can keep it thus exposing the law of sin and death.  What the law says it says to them who are under the law that every one may be guilty before G-d.  G-d's law is a court of law proving your guilt and then pouring judgment on the Messiah who did keep it.  Since that time G-d, who is just, could be the justifier of men who believe like Abraham (and it was accounted to him for righteousness).  Yeshua became the stubborn and rebellious son and the curse of the law because cursed is every one who hangs on a tree (Deut 21).  Having been made a curse the blessing of Abraham can now come on those who believe like him.  Please dont accuse me of proselytizing if you cant meet me on the merits of what I have written.  Obedience is better than sacrifice (1 Sam 15) but you cant keep the tenth so cross that off the list.  A broken and contrite spirit are the sacrifices of G-d (Psalm 51) but you wont face your failure concerning the tenth commandment so cross that off the list.  And finally, Psalm 141 boldly says to let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense and the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice -well, that incense on the golden altar was lit with the coals that burned the sacrifice and since animal blood cannot provide atonement cross that off the list.  And this golden altar stands before a veil you cannot penetrate so your prayers are not rising to G-d.  Does G-d abide in a building made by men?! Or is it all type and shadow, a holding place, until the Messiah showed up and entered the true tabernacle made without hands.
Excuse me, but this is our forum, a Jewish forum, and when we see proselytizing, we call it for what it is.

Fact - Lucifer is nowhere to be found in the Hebrew bible, that is a Christian invention.

Fact - No one person can keep all of the laws because they don't apply to everyone. Where does it say in the Hebrew bible you have to keep all of the commandments perfectly? If G-d thought we could, He wouldn't have given us ways of repentance and forgiveness.

Fact - The law is Not a curse and if you actually read the Hebrew bible, G-d says we can keep them. Your argument is with G-d if you think otherwise.

Fact - Jesus is never mentioned in the Hebrew bible and it never says anything about pouring guilt on to a messiah.

Fact - There are no merits on what you have written as per the Hebrew bible. It is all based on Christian theology.

Fact - You have an obsession with the "10th Commandment".

I'm not going to respond to every one of the multiple verses and claims that are thrown at me as all have been addressed. I'm sorry if you don't see the Hebrew bible for what it is.

Read the refutes by Rabbi Singer, Rabbi Skobac, Uri Yosef and all of the others and if you have a beef with what they wrote, take it up with them.

There is a reason thousands of former Christians are now embracing the teachings of Judaism. And it has nothing to do with the 10th commandment.
veil23 -

You are just the latest in a long line of self-righteous, ignorant and arrogant non-Jews who have abused the hospitality of this forum in an attempt to preach and proselytize. Contrary to your perception Jews are not spiritually stupid, spiritually blind, or spiritually ignorant.

It is one thing to present a viewpoint and note where beliefs differ. It is a good thing to learn about the beliefs of others. You cross a line when you are not content to simply learn about those beliefs but instead feel the need to argue and try to convince.

I suspect your sojourn here may be short.
בקש שלום ורדפהו