The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jewish person wannabe in UK.
I live in England (East midlands).  I am quite new to Judaism, and have not converted yet. I game on Xbox, and I would like to hang out with Jewish people digitally (via Xbox etc).  I have a disability, but I can hang out in real life too.  

Areas where I am highly knowledgeable are: football (soccer); pro-wrestling; video games.  I write content for a pro-wrestling website. 

I can make logos using Adobe Illustrator. Free logo for anyone here who wants one, providing you haven't trolled me.  I would like to make a logo for this website, though  the logo it has looks fine.
Hello and welcome here.  I have no idea where the East Midlands are in the UK.  I was born and raised in Germany, but live in Florida for many years already.  I was born Jewish, because my mother was Jewish, her mother was Jewish, etc.
What makes you want to convert to Judaism?  It is not an easy religion!

Linde
Dr. Linde XXX
(06-10-2023, 07:26 PM)Linde Wrote: Hello and welcome here.  I have no idea where the East Midlands are in the UK.  I was born and raised in Germany, but live in Florida for many years already.  I was born Jewish, because my mother was Jewish, her mother was Jewish, etc.
What makes you want to convert to Judaism?  It is not an easy religion!

Linde

Hello Linde.  The East Midlands of England is pretty rural ,mostly , and has lots of farmland.  England isn't a very nice place to live, to be honest and I understand why so many people (Irish, Scottish, French etc) don't like this place very much.  Lots of crime here, too. People up in Scotland are generally nicer than here.

I am happy to tell you why I became interested in Judaism.  I have a friend who a Jewish person.  He is much (much) younger than me, but he is the nicest person I have ever met, and he checks up on me regularly as he knows that I struggle with depression.  He, and his family, recently moved from Ukraine to Virginia, USA, with help from a Jewish charity, when the invasion started.  I've noticed that Jewish people tend to be very nice, and I would like to be a part of the Jewish community

On the subject of my journey with Judaism, I am concerned that I may not be able to become a Jew as  members of the Synagogues closest to me have told me that I must do year-long course prior to me  becoming a Jew, and I struggle to concentrate very badly due to an illness I have, so I'm concerned I may not be able to complete the course. I hope I can maybe find another way to be initiated. So, I plan on looking online .

See you later, and thanks for your welcome.
Judaism is much more than a "religion".

It is becoming part of a "people".

Other religions may have a quicker way to convert but Judaism is a much longer process. Judaism expects that you understand what it is all about, what you need to do, why you want to be part of the people and what backlash you may experience.

So by taking much longer to convert, you are just about fully prepared to know who you will become.

And it doesn't stop there as Judaism is a life long journey.