The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love life!
G-d and life is great!
As I wrote in my introduction, I am a German Jew who was born and raised in Germany at the end of WW2.  All my family was murdered during the Shoah, except my mom and one of her cousins, who managed to escape to Palestine in 1935.  All connections between him and my mom collapsed and I did not even know about him until recently.  I grew up without any relatives, because they were all murdered.  I am retired now, and decided to try to find out what happened to cousin Fritz Cohnen who out out in time.  Today all my searching was answered, and I got in contact with his two daughters, who are a bit younger than I.  They live in Israel near Tel Aviv.  We are writing to each other as if we are mad, because they, too, grew up without any relatives!  We now try to figure out, what is the best way to meet in person, either I visit them in Israel, or they visit me in Florida, or all three meet in Germany (their mother was born in Berlin, and was able to get out early enough, just like their dad, my cousin).  We could do follow our roots together, if we meet in Berlin, because I speak German fluently, and they speak Hebrew and English (sadly enough, I don't speak any Hebrew).  It is another sad thing as a come out of the NAZI time that we, as relatively close relatives, have each to use a foreign language to communicate with each other!
But I  am still very excited that I found my cousins!   Heart  Us three older girls can conquer the world!  Big Grin
Dr. Linde XXX
Wow, that's a great story Linde!

So happy you have finally found family who they themselves have been searching for as well.

Hope you all have a great time together when you do finally meet and create an everlasting bond.