The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel flights
Hi all, I want to visit my relatives in Israel.  I plan to be with them through the entire of October.
would any of you know how one can find flights from the US to Israel that don't bring me into the poorhouse?

I really would appreciate any help you can give me!
Thanks and Shalom!
Dr. Linde XXX
Nice plans, Linde. I hope you will find a good and cheap flight.
Linde,

Chavak might be able to offer some advice as she has been a world traveler for many years now.

Hopefully she will check in soon!

Glad you'll be visiting family!
I usually use Google flights but I also compare against Travelocity and Skyscanner. Also check with El Al on their website because I am not sure they show up on searchs. Once I find the flight I want I book directly with the airlines. I never book through a third party. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
(07-18-2023, 03:35 PM)Chavak Wrote: I usually use Google flights but I also compare against Travelocity and Skyscanner. Also check with El Al on their website because I am not sure they show up on searchs.  Once I find the flight I want I book directly with the airlines. I never book through a third party. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Thank you Chavak, I will look into your recommendations.
1980 was the last time that I was in Israel, I bet it changed a lot since.
Dr. Linde XXX
I think the last time I was there was the late 90's or early 2000 .....I am sure it is quite different.
Also, if you have flexibility when you can go, use the flexible date search feature. You can get better deals if you are not locked into a certain time frame
(07-18-2023, 01:19 AM)Linde Wrote: Hi all, I want to visit my relatives in Israel.  I plan to be with them through the entire of October.
would any of you know how one can find flights from the US to Israel that don't bring me into the poorhouse?

Thanks and Shalom!

October is around the corner. Linde, are you looking forward to your journey and have you found a good flight?
(09-08-2023, 08:11 AM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 01:19 AM)Linde Wrote: Hi all, I want to visit my relatives in Israel.  I plan to be with them through the entire of October.

Thanks and Shalom!

October is around the corner. Linde, are you looking forward to your journey and have you found a good flight?

Yes, hard to believe October is almost here. I hope she reports on her trip.
if you go on Turkish Air and have a short stop over, or go another less traditional carrier, the prices might be in the 700-800 range. What's your budget?