The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fullfillment of the Old Testament
Hello dear Jewish People. Those Seeking Truth and God. I have been to Israel and I love Hebrew people. God can be found he is wonderfull beyond words. I encourage those that Love God and seek him read the "entire Bible". The fullfillment of the Old Testament is Yeshua. He is God's Salvation and eternal life.
Hello Maks and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

This isn't a forum for preaching, it is a forum for interaction and understanding each others views on a variety of things.

We have read the "entire bible", the one given to us.

You believe there is more to our bible, but that doesn't hold true for Judaism.

There are many here who have read the Christian bible who are former Christians so we know what it is says and teaches, thank you.
(07-24-2023, 09:34 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: There are many here who have read the Christian bible who are former Christians so we know what it is says and teaches, thank you.

Please stick to the truth. Thank you.

Even if there were many former Christians here, you only know what is in the Christian Bible if you read it yourself.
(07-24-2023, 10:30 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 09:34 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: There are many here who have read the Christian bible who are former Christians so we know what it is says and teaches, thank you.

Even if there were many former Christians here, you only know what is in the Christian Bible if you read it yourself.

I'm not sure I understand you Blue Bird.

There are many members on this forum who are former Christians, that is the truth. As a matter of fact the forum was created by one and others followed suit.

And many of us here have read the Christian bible, me included (maybe not cover to cover but certainly a very good portion of it). I have been surrounded by Christian family members for the past 35 years so I have a pretty good feel as to what the Christian bible says, teachs and believes.

Why is that not the truth?
(07-25-2023, 12:48 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

There are many members on this forum who are former Christians, that is the truth. As a matter of fact the forum was created by one and others followed suit.

And many of us here have read the Christian bible, me included (maybe not cover to cover but certainly a very good portion of it). I have been surrounded by Christian family members for the past 35 years so I have a pretty good feel as to what the Christian bible says, teachs and believes.

Hello Searchinmyroots, yes I know of the one who created the forum. One. I have read almost every thread here and found some people who wrote about their confusion and disappointment about the Church - and I agree with many of those complaints. However, I have never seen anyone who said he was a real Christian (reborn and walked the Christian path) who came here and regretted his Christian life. That's why I was asking myself where these MANY former Christians are.

So may I ask why you surround yourself with Christians if you so strongly oppose Christianity? I think Judaism is a very bad weapon against Christians. (I may be going too far here, sorry for that, but wouldn't it be more peaceful for you to leave your family and marry into a Jewish family or just accept that your family has a different faith?)

I am sure that you have learned a lot about what the Christian Bible says from what you have heard in sermons and conversations and even read some passages yourself. Reading the book from start to finish may not change your view of the book. But I would hope you would be a little gentler once you read everything in context. Preachers sometimes say stupid things that aren't in the Bible. For example, I was taught that God abandoned Israel and adopted the nations instead. Another dogma you may have heard of is the pre-tribulation rapture. Both turned out to be horribly wrong teachings - I found that out just by reading the book.
(07-25-2023, 08:34 AM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 12:48 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

Hello Searchinmyroots, yes I know of the one who created the forum. One. I have read almost every thread here and found some people who wrote about their confusion and disappointment about the Church - and I agree with many of those complaints. However, I have never seen anyone who said he was a real Christian (reborn and walked the Christian path) who came here and regretted his Christian life. That's why I was asking myself where these MANY former Christians are.

So may I ask why you surround yourself with Christians if you so strongly oppose Christianity? I think Judaism is a very bad weapon against Christians. (I may be going too far here, sorry for that, but wouldn't it be more peaceful for you to leave your family and marry into a Jewish family or just accept that your family has a different faith?)

I am sure that you have learned a lot about what the Christian Bible says from what you have heard in sermons and conversations and even read some passages yourself. Reading the book from start to finish may not change your view of the book. But I would hope you would be a little gentler once you read everything in context. Preachers sometimes say stupid things that aren't in the Bible. For example, I was taught that God abandoned Israel and adopted the nations instead. Another dogma you may have heard of is the pre-tribulation rapture. Both turned out to be horribly wrong teachings - I found that out just by reading the book.

Thank you for your reply Blue Bird.

There is a long history with this forum, it started many years ago, crashed several times and was reinstated several times, so a lot of the original members are no longer here.

It's not just about disappointment with the church, the majority who left Christianity to embrace the teachings of Judaism were long time Christians who had a heart for Jesus and yes, were a "real Christian (reborn and walked the Christian path)".

Of course some may say they never really were "real" Christians but that is very subjective. Just look at those who comment on the Rabbi Singers, Rabbi Skobac, Tenak Talk and other forums who, even though you may think weren't "real" Christians, most certainly were in their belief. Just like you believe you are.

And the vast majority of them were very learned Christians who know the Christian bible very well. They listened and studied what others learned and agreed upon about the Christian bible and made a decision. That's the long and short of it.

Now of course there are many Jewish people who have converted to Christianity and other religions, many who are now atheists. But the difference is, the vast majority had no prior knowledge of the G-d of the Hebrew bible, never studied or read it and didn't understand it's true teachings.

As for my family, when I first started, no one was a believer in anything, basically all agnostics. So I think as long as we can respect each other's beliefs and values (as long as they don't greatly impose or hurt others), then there certainly can be peace and understanding.

I can most certainly tell those "TV Evangelists" from true preachers who have a heart for G-d. I would say Greg Laurie may be one of them and Jim Cymbala of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. But that doesn't change what the Christian bible says or teaches about the Hebrew bible.
Big Grin  Yes, I know how it feels when people develop in different directions in an atheistic family! I was still living with my parents when they suddenly became very concerned when their daughter started attending church. Before, they didn't care at all where I went or when I came home.

I haven't spoken to those Christians you talked about and it's hard for me to believe. Not that I don't believe you, but I can't imagine how their change happend. On the other hand, even the Christian Bible mentions that there were Christians who went back to their old lives. So there might have been former Christians here. Now (present tense) I do not see many (if any) former Christians here.

Is the Brooklyn Tabernacle where David Wilkerson was the pastor? I've read his books and you may have seen him walking the streets. I've never heard of the other names. My favorite preachers aren't Germans, they're Americans (John Piper and Paul Washer).
But that doesn't change what the Christian bible says or teaches about the Hebrew bible.

It can't be so bad. Iranians and Arabs who didn't like the Hebrew bible (and her people) too much changed their minds when they became Christians.
(07-25-2023, 07:03 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Big Grin  Yes, I know how it feels when people develop in different directions in an atheistic family! I was still living with my parents when they suddenly became very concerned when their daughter started attending church. Before, they didn't care at all where I went or when I came home.

I haven't spoken to those Christians you talked about and it's hard for me to believe. Not that I don't believe you, but I can't imagine how their change happend. On the other hand, even the Christian Bible mentions that there were Christians who went back to their old lives. So there might have been former Christians here. Now (present tense) I do not see many (if any) former Christians here.

Is the Brooklyn Tabernacle where David Wilkerson was the pastor? I've read his books and you may have seen him walking the streets. I've never heard of the other names. My favorite preachers aren't Germans, they're Americans (John Piper and Paul Washer).

David Wilkerson was from Times Square church in Manhattan. A few of my family members went there for a period of time.

Brooklyn Tabernacle has Jim Cymbala as head pastor.

Yes, the forum has many new members and most of the old original ones are no longer here. Probably only me and Chavak.
(07-25-2023, 07:17 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: But that doesn't change what the Christian bible says or teaches about the Hebrew bible.

It can't be so bad. Iranians and Arabs who didn't like the Hebrew bible (and her people) too much changed their minds when they became Christians.

The old saying is -

If it's good, it's not new.

If it's new, it's not good.

I would think you might say the same about the Christian bible and some of the groups that came after such as the Mormons, Latter Day Saints, Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists and so on?