The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for Peace
Pray for Peace.
I'm shocked by what is happening and very sorry for those who died, were injured and kidnapped.
Hello. I came here to say that I am also sorry to hear about what is going on. I hope anyone who is resided at the region is staying safe.

Nikki
Thank you Blue Bird and thank you CNikki (it's been a while).
Super Moderator searchinmyroots wrote:
Quote:"Pray for Peace."

While I support their words since clearly there is:
nothing wrong with praying, 
and 
nothing wrong with peace,
yet I notice and am concerned about the absence of any timing.

I would therefore respectfully suggest that in the current circumstances "praying for peace" though indeed laudable, should be delayed until after Israel has dispensed justice upon all those who: 
ordered, organized, and took part in, , 
the massacre of around 900 Israeli civilians 
(including the massacre of about 250 Israeli young people while they were attending the Supernova music festival in the Negev desert).

October 10, 2023.
Robert, Shalom also means wholeness, completeness, wellbeing and calm. I think our friends might need this right now.
(10-10-2023, 06:58 AM)Robert Wrote: Super Moderator searchinmyroots wrote:

and 

I would therefore respectfully suggest that in the current circumstances "praying for peace" though indeed laudable, should be delayed until after Israel has dispensed justice upon all those who: 
(including the massacre of about 250 Israeli young people while they were attending the Supernova music festival in the Negev desert).

October 10, 2023.

Robert,

I don't think praying for peace should ever be "delayed" as it is part of our daily prayers.

Pray for peace, no matter what is needed to obtain it.
(10-10-2023, 01:48 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Robert, Shalom also means wholeness, completeness, wellbeing and calm. I think our friends might need this right now.

I want to thank Blue Bird for their response. 
That expanded understanding of peace is fine, since praying for that would therefore not be incompatible with Israel dispensing justice upon all those who: 
(10-10-2023, 02:24 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 06:58 AM)Robert Wrote: Super Moderator searchinmyroots wrote:

and 

October 10, 2023.

Robert,

I don't think praying for peace should ever be "delayed" as it is part of our daily prayers.

Pray for peace, no matter what is needed to obtain it.

Indeed, yet praying for peace may seem not quite compatible then with the prevailing circumstances, where reservists are being called-up to defend the country against a barbarous invasion, while the IDF is preparing to go to war to defend the country, and while the country is still under attack and requires defending. 

Rather, I would suggest we pray for the wellbeing and success of the IDF, who are preparing to defend the country against unmitigated evil.