The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction: Hi There
Hello, I'm Dana.

Some time ago, I had joined the forum, mostly for the Hebrew Language. Now, I spend a good deal of any spare time reading books, generally of the non-fiction genres. New start overs can be refreshing, in that we all change and grow over time, and hopefully, for the better.  My priorities have changed. I'm not religious, yet I strongly believe in a sense of having grounded, good ethics. That is why I am interested in the teachings that come from Judaism. I'm no longer as concerned about belief as I am about personal conduct.  I'm working at learning Word with an online transcription course, and plan to resume once the holiday seasons are over. My love/hate, very emotional relationship with computers and technology hamper learning, but I'm working on that.

I have encountered, almost continuously, every single one of these situations that was sent as an anonymous prayer, taken from one of Rabbi Joseph Telushkin's books.   I value greatly.  

The chapter on judging fairly and charitably.  

Heavenly Father,

Help us to remember that the "jerk" who cut us off in traffic last night may be a single mother who worked nine hours that day and who is now rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry, and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tatooed, disinterested young man who couldn't make change correctly at the register today is a worried nineteen-year-old student who is preoccupied with whether he passed his final exams and with his fear of not getting a student loan for next semester.

Remind us Lord, that the scary-looking "bum" begging for money in the same spot every day is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to realize that the old couple walking so slowly through the store isles, blocking our shopping cart, are savoring this moment, because they know that, based on the biopsy report she got back yesterday, this may be the last year they will go shopping together.
Hi right back at you..... Or as someone else once said, it's like deja vu all over again.
Hi, Dana. Welcome back. Notice that I reset your password. I hope that's OK!
Hi! It's good. I do feel the deja vu.  Think I had a little problem logging in at another time. Thank you!
Hi, Dana!  Have an anagram of your screen name:

Adamina
= I am Dana

Adamina (אדמינה):  A feminine derivation of the name Adam, signifying "a daughter of Adam; A daughter of Mankind."
Heart !לחיים