The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel: The Families of the Hostages
During the Palestinian Arab Hamas attack on Israel of October 7th, 2023 it is estimated that 250 hostages were taken. 

According to Wikipedia: 

Quote:''[...] As of 30 November 2023, the last day of the ceasefire, 105 civilian hostages had been released, which included 81 people from Israel, 23 Thais and one Filipino. As of January 2024, according to Israeli information, Hamas holds 108 hostages alive and 28 bodies. [...]'

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%...age_crisis

Not having anyone known to me being one of the hostages, I cannot therefore imagine clearly the suffering that the families of the hostages go through on a daily basis. 

Why did Hamas take hostages and why have they continued to keep them captive?

I assume it is, to: 
Obstruct the Israeli military response.
To cause the families of the hostages to campaign in manner such that the effect thereof is to make less effective or even curtail, the Israeli military response.
To cause dissension and discord within Israeli society. 

I would hope that the families of the hostages will consider the following:

Do they want their understandable emotional pain to be inflicted again in the future by the Palestinian Arabs, on more Israeli families, or do they want the IDF to take such steps against the Palestinian Arabs, that the Palestinian Arabs' atrocities of October 7th 2023, should never be repeated?