The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Purim!
Thank you, Rosends.  As I understand the way the sentence is constructed, it does appear that the wise ones and close friends are one and the same.

The further explanation with Steinzaltz in that they (his supporters) having a change of heart would make sense then.
Yes, thank you Rosends.

But where does that leave Zeresh his wife as she is mentioned separately?
she is mentioned after the wise people in the second case because she didn't get any intuition or unerstanding and just copied what they said.
And if I remember correctly, she wasn't killed along with her sons.

Was she responsible for her words (whether good or bad) even though they were not based on her intuition?
Women had neither power or influence then and were considered servants.  When Ahasuerus got drunk and ordered Vashti to show off her beauty,  she refused and was deposed for it.
What influence could Zeresh have had over her husband?  Misogyny was the rule of the day.
(03-26-2024, 11:03 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: And if I remember correctly, she wasn't killed along with her sons.

Was she responsible for her words (whether good or bad) even though they were not based on her intuition?

Yes, she was responsible for her words. As to what happened to her, there are differing opinions

https://judaism.stackexchange.com/questi...amans-wife
Thanks for that page. I think the hardest path for her would have been to keep living. The idea that Zeresh could have become Esther's maid is certainly the most daring one. On the other hand - she, in a way, paved the way of Haman's hanging. And it suggests some kind of healing on both sides (but how could Ester ever trust Zeresh?).